AutoAid Breakdown Question

Found 8th Mar 2017
Does AutoAid recover you if your involved in a road accident? Also i see Groupon join up with Autoaid have discount code section, any codes available?

1. Ask
  2. Breakdown
11 Comments

Post RTA assistance / recovery = yes. It's a benefit at effectively zero cost, whereas other providers will recover but charge the breakdown cover policyholder (on assumption that the breakdown policyholder can find reimbursement elsewhere). AutoAid definition:
"Breakdown(s) – mechanical or electrical breakdown (failures or breakages), flat batteries, punctures, lack of fuel, lost ignition keys or damage which is caused by an accident, vandalism or theft and results in you not being able to drive the vehicle."

Original Poster

Thanks, seems to be good value.

AndyRoyd

Post RTA assistance / recovery = yes. It's a benefit at effectively zero … Post RTA assistance / recovery = yes. It's a benefit at effectively zero cost, whereas other providers will recover but charge the breakdown cover policyholder (on assumption that the breakdown policyholder can find reimbursement elsewhere). AutoAid definition: "Breakdown(s) – mechanical or electrical breakdown (failures or breakages), flat batteries, punctures, lack of fuel, lost ignition keys or damage which is caused by an accident, vandalism or theft and results in you not being able to drive the vehicle."

Been with them 3 years. Needed to get recovered 35 miles. Paid recovery got an invoice within 30 days they sent me a cheque. No complaints here

Original Poster

searchersearcher

Been with them 3 years. Needed to get recovered 35 miles. Paid recovery … Been with them 3 years. Needed to get recovered 35 miles. Paid recovery got an invoice within 30 days they sent me a cheque. No complaints here

Thanks, they seem to have a lot of positive reviews.

searchersearcher

Been with them 3 years. Needed to get recovered 35 miles. Paid recovery … Been with them 3 years. Needed to get recovered 35 miles. Paid recovery got an invoice within 30 days they sent me a cheque. No complaints here

NOTE: from the Autoaid website See Important notes:
"Important changes to your AutoAid policy
With immediate effect you are no longer required to pay for the breakdown assistance services provided by this policy and then reclaim them from AutoAid.
If you require breakdown assistance please call our 24 hour helpline on 0800 328 4439 or 01277 720700. AutoAid will deal directly with the recovery agent regarding any costs and you will not be required to pay the recovery agent at the roadside.
The procedure described on Page 8 of your Policy Booklet (Claims Procedure) no longer applies to breakdown assistance services."

Original Poster

HUKDWatcher0309

NOTE: from the Autoaid website See Important notes:"Important changes to … NOTE: from the Autoaid website See Important notes:"Important changes to your AutoAid policyWith immediate effect you are no longer required to pay for the breakdown assistance services provided by this policy and then reclaim them from AutoAid.If you require breakdown assistance please call our 24 hour helpline on 0800 328 4439 or 01277 720700. AutoAid will deal directly with the recovery agent regarding any costs and you will not be required to pay the recovery agent at the roadside.The procedure described on Page 8 of your Policy Booklet (Claims Procedure) no longer applies to breakdown assistance services."

Thanks, I read that as well, seems that lt's easier now if you do have a breakdown.

Glad I posted a comment now, I had no idea!!! Thanks!

been with them for years. Best bit is they cover you and your spouse in any car that you're travelling in not just your own car.

was recovered from Birmingham to London with 3 kids no hassle, cost them more than I've paid in!

I have been with them for a few years too. I used them twice in the past, and both times the service was excellent. Paid up front and got money back within a few weeks

So do they fix the car on the roadside if possible or is it just a towing service where they simply tow your car to your desired destination.

EN1GMA

So do they fix the car on the roadside if possible or is it just a towing … So do they fix the car on the roadside if possible or is it just a towing service where they simply tow your car to your desired destination.

​My breakdowns have always been big so I've only every been towed. I would assume easy fixes would be done by the side of the road and tyre changes. someone else might be able to clarify this.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants