Automatic £25 Refund for Admiral Car Insurance Policyholders

Posted 21st Apr
Thought I'd put this up for information as I've just had an email about it (couldn't see it mentioned on here)

admiral.com/sta…ome

Admiral are refunding £25 per vehicle to policyholders, as per the following:

"With fewer cars on the roads during the UK lockdown, we’re seeing a reduction in the number of claims coming in. We want to give the money we would’ve used to pay these claims back to our loyal customers in this difficult time.

If your car or van is one of the 4.4 million vehicles insured with us on 20 April 2020, you’ll get an automatic £25 refund per vehicle.

You don’t need to contact us or do anything at all at this stage, we’ll be in touch between now and the end of May with more details about the refund.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please take a look at our Stay at Home Refund page
which answers questions around the refund."

Wouldn't have thought I'd see the day an insurer did such a thing!

This may help massively for those whom £25 is the difference between eating and not!

3446409.jpg
Community Updates
Also might be worth asking.

If you are paying your insurance monthly and are struggling a bit at the moment (such as waiting for UC or any other payments to kick in), give admiral a call. They have some measures set it place to help those who are struggling to make payments.

They offered me a 30-45 day extension for my payment so I don’t have to pay this month.

Groups

Top comments
Wow...that is nice of them I suppose...I hope other insurers do this as well.
Surprisingly next year's premiums will be £25 more per vehicle!!!!!

TANSTAAFL

There aint no such thing as a free lunch!!!!
Chiptivo21/04/2020 10:02

What would you vote on here... Get £25 back from them or...10 Million …What would you vote on here... Get £25 back from them or...10 Million Pound Donation to the NHS?

£25 back & the NHS funded by NI as it should be. The NHS shouldn't rely on charity. That is the point of the National Health Service.
I never thought I’d see the day an insurance company actually pays out lol.
264 Comments
Wow...that is nice of them I suppose...I hope other insurers do this as well.
Nice gesture. Well done them.
Is this for elephant etc too as part of same group? Can't seem to see anything on the linked site confirming this.
Applies to Elephant too - have a 3 car multicar policy - hope this means £75 for me!
Excellent. I hope others follow suit.
I never thought I’d see the day an insurance company actually pays out lol.
Wait so there paying out 110 million pound to customers. That’s very nice!
White5tar21/04/2020 09:36

Wow...that is nice of them I suppose...I hope other insurers do this as …Wow...that is nice of them I suppose...I hope other insurers do this as well.

Yes, I unfortunately am paying over £100 per month in RFL and Car Insurance for vehicles I've not been able to use for a month and a half now.

I have one with the AA too, so here's hoping.
I have a multicover policy, is this included?
Hopefully others follow suit
midd_201321/04/2020 09:40

I have a multicover policy, is this included?

Seems to be - there is a FAQ relating to it in Refund Eligibility - £25 for each car
Funny how they’ll do this but still want to charge me the full amount even when the car is parked on the driveway and I’m out of the country for 3 months at a time!
Well done Admiral!
Happy days, just renewed my car insurance with them yesterday!
Edited by: "mousey" 21st Apr

I SORN'd two of mine and just using the one car around twice a week for shopping! Had to take it for a 20 mile run on Sunday as the DPF light was threatening to come on. My other two cars on on trickle charge in garage!
Nice one, we have two policies in his household!
Surprisingly next year's premiums will be £25 more per vehicle!!!!!

TANSTAAFL

There aint no such thing as a free lunch!!!!
Nice gesture but in my opinion it's a slap in the face to the careful drivers who get overcharged due to geography. They are the ones they should be focussing on reimbursing.
Hiltron0921/04/2020 09:43

Nice gesture but in my opinion it's a slap in the face to the careful …Nice gesture but in my opinion it's a slap in the face to the careful drivers who get overcharged due to geography. They are the ones they should be focussing on reimbursing.

Never had a problem with Admiral/Elephant. Always by far the cheapest for me. Insured my Golf R with a Stage1 remap last month for £180 for the year. Next cheapest I could find was £460.
Happy days I’ve got multi car with them
Nice I’m
With them and they have always been good to me
jrw21/04/2020 09:44

Never had a problem with Admiral/Elephant. Always by far the cheapest for …Never had a problem with Admiral/Elephant. Always by far the cheapest for me. Insured my Golf R with a Stage1 remap last month for £180 for the year. Next cheapest I could find was £460.

180£ for the year wow
Nice gesture by them but the insurance industry squirming out of paying businesses under the business disruption part of their policies for covid-19 is a disgrace
Any ideas if admiral can pause a policy? My car has not moved from the drive for the past month.

Nice gesture but in my opinion it's a slap in the face to the careful …Nice gesture but in my opinion it's a slap in the face to the careful drivers who get overcharged due to geography. They are the ones they should be focussing on reimbursing.

Insurance is charged based on risk and, most importantly, I found out many years ago that you can be the best driver in the world, but it will not mean that you can't be involved in an accident (as it's impossible to avoid the bad drivers).
Xboxgamer32121/04/2020 09:39

Wait so there paying out 110 million pound to customers. That’s very nice!

If only things were so simple , wait till you get your new quote .
Yes they didn’t have to give out £25 and i appreciate this gesture but surely new premiums will Sky rocket , wait n see
nothingmuch21/04/2020 09:46

180£ for the year wow

Yup, don't know why, been like it for last 3 years now and I never argue with them. Everything is correct on the policy! Remps normally double insurance!
fastcarmaniac21/04/2020 09:42

Funny how they’ll do this but still want to charge me the full amount even …Funny how they’ll do this but still want to charge me the full amount even when the car is parked on the driveway and I’m out of the country for 3 months at a time!

What do you expect them to do?
£50 back.. Thanks for info
Oh this is fab, I am with admiral. Many thanks for posting
This is very generous of them
An extra £25 to waste on things I don't need from HotUKDeals... excellent news!
Come on Hastings!

The same careful drivers that have their cars stolen and are part of the reason for the statistics?
This is positive, but for me who are paying in excess of £1000 per year to insure my vehicle this is pretty crap. Insurers should be refunding a percentage of the savings they are making based on your policy cost and not a random figure.
fastcarmaniac21/04/2020 09:42

Funny how they’ll do this but still want to charge me the full amount even …Funny how they’ll do this but still want to charge me the full amount even when the car is parked on the driveway and I’m out of the country for 3 months at a time!

I would be more worried about your house insurance.
DelboyDave21/04/2020 09:49

What do you expect them to do?

As the car ain’t moving they could change the cover to reflect it. As in there is less risk of it being involved in an accident, only real risk is theft.... similar to what they are saying above.
Just checked my email and, yes, I've received the same email
It's a nice and unexpected gesture
Break down companies should do this. AA.. Rac. or extend policy
DelboyDave21/04/2020 09:51

You get to sing their theme tune, you’ve got no chance of a rebate!

I’ve been singing that a lot more with this extra spare time, so I thought it was only fair that I send them an extra £25.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions