Groups

Automatic Dialup with ADSL modem

Is there a way to make my ADSL modem connect to the internet at Windows Startup. The new AVG 8 does not seem to have the ability to update itself by dialing up as the previous version did? The advanced window does say "dial up this connection" but there is nothing there to check. AVG 8 tries to connect but fails until I connect manually.
    The other option is for my browser to connect automatically at startup. Any ideas?

4 Comments

You could put a tick in "connect automatic" on the connection..then drag and drop it into the "startup" section in your start menu

Original Poster

akme;2124240

You could put a tick in "connect automatic" on the connection..then drag … You could put a tick in "connect automatic" on the connection..then drag and drop it into the "startup" section in your start menu

Thanks. Did something similar. Added my browser, which connects automatically, to Startup.

Banned

yes mines having the same problem too

havent got a modem of any description so cant test but sure there was a setting for "reconnect on disconnect" in the connections settings, on windows xp anyway
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044544
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      3. Spotify Family Premium share721
      4. Best £500 student laptop choice?11

See more discussions