Groups

Automatic driver update software

Can anyone recommend a free program which will keep all my drivers updated?

Simple, automatic, safe and free.... not asking much.

13 Comments

Driver max

Original Poster

dontasciime;8412477

http://www.ma-config.com/en/home/

Looks good, but quite a bit of it in French

Original Poster

that0nehurts;8412649

Driver max

Maximum two downloads per day and interface is quite confusing. Leaves a lot to me decide - I'd rather it be more automated. Maybe I'm missing something.

Original Poster

Sorry - that sound very negative - thanks for both of the above. I'll use one or both if nothing better comes up.

virus;8413340

Looks good, but quite a bit of it in French

Maybe but the important bits are in English.

Whats the best 1 you have to pay for aswell? out of interest

SuperEd

driver genius pretty good

Banned

Haven't used it myself, but Web User recommended ]Device Doctor a couple of weeks ago.

dcx_badass;8414101

Why? If it works then you don't need to update them, only thing I'd … Why? If it works then you don't need to update them, only thing I'd update are the graphics drivers every few months, apart from that no need at all, especially when the alternative in your case is to put crappy software on your PC.

I agree, I don't see the point in updating drivers just for the sake of it particularly as there may be problems with the new driver.

John

Banned

Johnmcl7;8417598

I agree, I don't see the point in updating drivers just for the sake of … I agree, I don't see the point in updating drivers just for the sake of it particularly as there may be problems with the new driver.John

+1

why put a resource hog on your PC on the off chance a driver might get updated once a year

Johnmcl7;8417598

I agree, I don't see the point in updating drivers just for the sake of … I agree, I don't see the point in updating drivers just for the sake of it particularly as there may be problems with the new driver.John

csiman;8417983

+1why put a resource hog on your PC on the off chance a driver might get … +1why put a resource hog on your PC on the off chance a driver might get updated once a year

Now if only someone would tell that to Microsoft they could save a fortune by not providing windows updates.

TBF though when there is a chipset update it's best to just reinstall anyways

Banned

I gotta ask... why would you want to?

(I'm a computer geek btw)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1214
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30116
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …93166
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764505

See more discussions