Automatic Monthly Billing - I think I have been overcharged, please help!

Found 6th Jan 2012
I have been charged £39 by ebay and I have no idea why. Apparantly it's for Automatic Monthly Billing. I have no idea what this is and I am worried I won't get this money back. I have sold around 15 items in the last month, which were all free listings that sold from around £25-£35 each. I have paid my paypal fees, and there were no ebay fees for the listings so why am I being charged this amount? Please can somebody help me.

24 Comments

it's your invoice for selling on ebay. The final value fee...

I paid my full balance of £26 and the next day they sent me a bill for £23.

chancers

end amount fees for each item will still be charged to you, if you read the selling rules on ebay you would know its not just the insertion fees you need to pay

Flodd

it's your invoice for selling on ebay. The final value fee...

OOps! lol

+ You can't seriously have thought you could make circa £500 without the auction house wanting a cut?

and for a moment you thought ebay was good value....

sign into ebay and check:
My ebay>Summary>Account>Sellers Account and select Invoices over on the right hand side of page and you should be able to see you most recent invoice and what exactly you got billed for and how that was broken down.

splatsplatsplat

and for a moment you thought ebay was good value....

Probably cheaper than an actual auction house?

yeah not only do you pay a fee for listing an item but you get fees from the final selling amount as well as paypal cut.
on your my ebay page you will have your account details on a tab next to your messages tab click on that and you will defo find out its your sellers fees you have been charged.

You can see on your seller dashboard the exact breakdown of the £39.00.

pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

so basically if you sold an item for £25 you can pretty much say you got £20 for it after sellers and paypal fees.

Ha ha ha, oh dear! oO

Original Poster

Thanks guys, that's a lesson learnt for me then. I guess I should have done my homework a bit better. Just to make sure, these things are a one off payment, I won't be charged anything in a month will I? Given the fact that I won't be selling anything on ebay.

Original Poster

cdm22

Ha ha ha, oh dear! oO

Cheers mate, great input.

It will depend when the auctions ended. Check your invoice date and the auction end dates.

5starslfc

Cheers mate, great input.

Hardly my fault you can't seem to read ebay rules and know what fees you will be charged before using their service.

Edited by: "cdm22" 6th Jan 2012

you wont be charged unless you sell something,
what i always do is pay my sellers fees on the one time payment option taken from my paypal out of funds from which i have recieved.
its easier that way.
to do this just click on your account and choose to pay by one off payment method.

Edited by: "greyparrot" 6th Jan 2012

Original Poster

cdm22

Hardly my fault you can't seem to read ebay rules and know what fees you … Hardly my fault you can't seem to read ebay rules and know what fees you will be charged before using their service.

That much is obvious, but come on really? Why go to the trouble of posting that? It's not going to help is it.

5starslfc

That much is obvious, but come on really? Why go to the trouble of … That much is obvious, but come on really? Why go to the trouble of posting that? It's not going to help is it.

You seem to have conveniently missed the other post i wrote a minute later that was helping you though. I admit the other post was pointless but it is quite a basic error.

splatsplatsplat said something similar, why aren't you having a go at him too?
Edited by: "cdm22" 6th Jan 2012

Original Poster

cdm22

You seem to have conveniently missed the other post i wrote a minute … You seem to have conveniently missed the other post i wrote a minute later that was helping you though. I admit the other post was pointless but it is quite a basic error.

Well you posted that after I replied to your comment, so I didn't miss it did I? Anyway thanks for everybody's help (including yours I guess ) and happy new year everybody

5starslfc

Anyway thanks for everybody's help (including yours I guess

Ha! No problem.

cdm22

You seem to have conveniently missed the other post i wrote a minute … You seem to have conveniently missed the other post i wrote a minute later that was helping you though. I admit the other post was pointless but it is quite a basic error.splatsplatsplat said something similar, why aren't you having a go at him too?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SNswduM5Ou0/TsIoYqXkiUI/AAAAAAAAAJI/JDErzneAfJY/s400/PussInBoots.gif

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/small/0907/final-facepalm-face-palm-fail-demotivational-poster-1248281712.jpg

When you join ebay you are given the option to view tutorials and there is also a comprehensive help section which details every aspect of buying and selling.

I am sometimes surprised when ebayers are somewhat oblivious to the ins and outs of ebaying when the information and support is so readily available. However, if someone has neglected to be aware of what they have signed up to and asks for help then laughing at them is a bit mean.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants