automatically uploading photos to gdrive from android device

Found 24th Sep 2017Edited by:"little_green"
I have my photos set to automatically back up to onedrive as soon as i take them
I own a huawei p9, honor 7 & op3 & sometimes swtich between all 3, but used the p9 for holiday as better camera. the p9 & h7 all sync photos to google fine & i'm sure the op3 used to i noticed that my new photos are not being saved automatically. i'm not sure if it could be anything to do with the fact i swap the sim about & the google account is linked to 3 phones but it didnt auto upload photos I took prior to my holiday using the op3 yet the photos I took during holiday using the p9 were auto uploaded & not i'm back to op3 again they are not being synced. so it must be a op3 problem.....

the help website states:
When you sign in to OneDrive for the first time, you'll be asked if you'd like to automatically upload photos and videos you take on your phone to OneDrive. Tap Turn on to turn on automatic upload. You can also turn this on from Settings. Here's how:

In the OneDrive app, tap Menu 2798411.jpg and then open Settings.

Tap Camera upload.

Set Camera upload to ON.

NOTES:

• Camera backup is available only on devices running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later.

• To help preserve your device battery while downloading, select the Upload only when charging checkbox.

• All photos and videos will be uploaded at their original sizes when you're on a Wi‑Fi network. If you want to use your mobile network, open the OneDrive app, open Settings, tap Camera backup, tap Upload using, and choose Wi‑Fi and mobile network.

• The camera roll on your device uploads to OneDrive, rather than syncing. That means you can delete uploaded photos and videos from your device, and the copies in OneDrive won't be affected.
but when i go to settings on the onedrive app, there is no camera option as it states their should be. in the app when i go to back ups it shows there was a op3 backup at 8am this morning, if i click on it it says app data, call history & device settings. nothing regarding photos is listed.

anyone able to help? Its very annoying & kinda defeatist having to manually select & upload every new photo to onedrive

also if it helps when i go to onedrive on my laptop there are green ticks next to most of the folder EXCEPT the "google photos" one which is instead a red cross. Idk how to make it a tick?
Community Updates
Ask
1 Comment
Turn back up & sync on or off

Before you start, make sure you're signed in. 

On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
Sign in to your Google Account.
At the top, tap Menu .Select Settings  Back up & sync.
Tap "Back up & sync" on or off.

Things to keep in mind about this setting:

Changing backup settings will affect all apps that use Back up & sync, such as Google Drive.
If you have Back up & sync on, deleting the Google Photos app from your device will not turn it off. To turn off Back up & sync, follow the instructions above.
Edited by: "kos1c" 24th Sep 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions