Autotrader price haggle

Found 19th Apr
Hi
I am looking for used bmw x5 around £15-20k. How much can we haggle the listed price? Has anyone got any success in getting price down or get some freebie?
If yes, please suggest how to proceed?

Thankyou
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
You should get £300 off at least for that price. Before dealers could offer free car tax but not now. Don't accept £50 reduction
Misslovely1 h, 23 m ago

You should get £300 off at least for that price. Before dealers could …You should get £300 off at least for that price. Before dealers could offer free car tax but not now. Don't accept £50 reduction

And remember, if they cave in too quickly they know something about the car you don't.
Don’t act too keen and give them the upper hand. There are lots of cars about so don’t spend more than you want or what the car is worth. Try and negotiate a decent warranty to be thrown in if not already. I don’t think many people pay list price and the list price is probably factoring in people will want a deal.
deleted1132166
Walk in with the cash on you. Let them know you have the cash.
Say what's the best discount you can do.
When they reply, shrug and say ok I've got a few more cars to see today and tomorrow.
At that point they will see a potential deal slipping away and give you a decent discount
See if you can get one with indicators that work, it would be worth paying over the odds if they did 😁
Remember these sorts of cars are in high demand so getting a deal is much harder, so don’t expect any more than a few hundred off, there aren’t any major bargains. Remember they are a complete magnet for thieves so be careful where you leave your keys in the house, ensure the house is always locked and keep something handy by the bed in case you need it! Additionally keep keys in a foil lined box to prevent these wireless key range extenders from being used that a lot of thieves are using.
cmdr_elito1 h, 51 m ago

Remember these sorts of cars are in high demand so getting a deal is much …Remember these sorts of cars are in high demand so getting a deal is much harder, so don’t expect any more than a few hundred off, there aren’t any major bargains. Remember they are a complete magnet for thieves so be careful where you leave your keys in the house, ensure the house is always locked and keep something handy by the bed in case you need it! Additionally keep keys in a foil lined box to prevent these wireless key range extenders from being used that a lot of thieves are using.

That's just it, they're not particularly in demand as they're gas guzzlers I've bought quite a few second hand Cayennes and ML's (never had an X5 though) and always managed to negotiate a large discount.
Go with a checklist with everything you have to test.

Chrisfix has a good one.

chrisfixed.com/How…pdf

I bought a car earlier this year and the left mirror was not working and it needed tracking as the steering wheel was not centered. Got the tracking done and they refunded me £100.00 because of he mirror.
It costed £31.00 to fix it.
Thats lexus RX money
daletharper21 h, 43 m ago

See if you can get one with indicators that work, it would be worth paying …See if you can get one with indicators that work, it would be worth paying over the odds if they did 😁

They may need to pay extra for the bulbs as I'm pretty sure these are optional on most models. I think they must be extorionaly priced too due to the lack of them around my area.
Edited by: "cheekyweegit" 20th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants