Avast AntiVirus False Positives

2 replies
Found 3rd Dec 2009
Users of Avast Antivirus will be finding many of their programs will be falsely showing as infected with a trojan. This includes other well known programs like Skype, Spybot S&D, Nexus and Copernic for example. This is obviously a false detection (known as a false positive) and at the moment Avast's forums are swamped with people letting them know about it.

Avast have now updated their definitions file correcting this problem, so update those first before trying anything else. To update the Avast database manually right-click on the Avast icon in your system tray and select "Updating" from the menu and then select "iAVS Update". Click it and it will update to the latest version.

2 Comments

Banned

I thought the avast default was an update of the DB on a daily basis anyway

csiman;7089805

I thought the avast default was an update of the DB on a daily basis … I thought the avast default was an update of the DB on a daily basis anyway

not using at moment but think its when you reboot so users who use standby a lot may have a prob.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition50441
    2. hello fashion mag/jigsaw comp - win £1,000 to spend INSTORE at jigsaw88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…55
    4. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201766

See more discussions