Just came back from watching this. Thought it was fantastic. Didn't realise it was on for 3 hours. Loved it.

Anyone else seen this, what did yous think?

21 Comments

i just got back from seeing it and i thought it was crazy! very good movie...really enjoyed it

Just awesome....

Going on Sat to see this.

Havent seen 1 bad review yet !

how much longer is this going to be on in the cinemas? hoping to see it in feb at imax

ChrisUK;7536668

Going on Sat to see this.Havent seen 1 bad review yet !

+1

All the reviews i've seen have pretty much said it's the best movie ever etc.
I can't wait to see it, just need someone to go with :-(

I loved the film but I couldn't see the 3D effect, in fact it annoyed me so much that I spent the last hour watching the film without the glasses as it was less painful that way. Next time, I'll skip the extra charge and just watch in 2d! And i will go again as it is a darn good romp!

What's really annoying is the way studios are now discussing how to re-release old films like Star Wars, Matrix trilogy and LOTR in 3D expecting us to all pay through the nose again. Stuff that for a lark.

brilliant film :-D

seen it in 2d and 3d . both great

scrumpypaul;7537065

seen it in 2d and 3d . both great

Is there much of a difference in seeing the 3D version over 2D? As i would prefer to watch it on DVD.

DVD in the house, or 3D in the cinema....

No contest..

Go out and enjoy yourself.

Chiptivo;7537096

DVD in the house, or 3D in the cinema....No contest..Go out and enjoy … DVD in the house, or 3D in the cinema....No contest..Go out and enjoy yourself.

My TV and surround sound is better than the cinema lol. But of course if the 3D version is the best choice then i may have to drag myself out.

DarkKnight;7537082

Is there much of a difference in seeing the 3D version over 2D? As i … Is there much of a difference in seeing the 3D version over 2D? As i would prefer to watch it on DVD.

I think the 3D detracts from the film at times; there are lots of unneccessary panning shots where 'junk' close to the camera leaps out in 3D that has nothing to do with the action.
For me it took 40 minutes or so to become really used to the 3D and see everything as 3D rather than occasionally going blurry.
That said once you're used to the 3D it's a totally immersive film - not a lot of plot - (basically a dumbed down "dances with smurfs") - but well worth seeing - it has to be seen on a large screen with good sound - but whether you dothat at home or the cinema's up to your choice...

Edit: Take some gasses lens cleaner with you so you can get the finger prints off the flimsy plastic glasses and check them for scratches / creases before the film starts...

Chiptivo;7537096

DVD in the house, or 3D in the cinema....No contest..Go out and enjoy … DVD in the house, or 3D in the cinema....No contest..Go out and enjoy yourself.

+1

I just got back from watching this too. First time I saw it in 2D, this time in 3D. For some reason I enjoyed it more the 1st time, maybe because I was so in awe of attention to detail and how pretty everything looked!

Took me a little while to get used to the 3D as well, even after watching adverts in 3D for 20 minutes! Person who watched it fuzzy should have just closed one eye, as this would have restored the 2D picture without the fuzzyness.

One more thing, if you're gonna see at the cinema (as oppose to waiting for the DVD / Blueray) then I suggest trying to see it on one of the main bigger screens and in a digital cinema if you can.

flyingflea;7537144

I just got back from watching this too. First time I saw it in 2D, this … I just got back from watching this too. First time I saw it in 2D, this time in 3D. For some reason I enjoyed it more the 1st time, maybe because I was so in awe of attention to detail and how pretty everything looked!Took me a little while to get used to the 3D as well, even after watching adverts in 3D for 20 minutes! Person who watched it fuzzy should have just closed one eye, as this would have restored the 2D picture without the fuzzyness.One more thing, if you're gonna see at the cinema (as oppose to waiting for the DVD / Blueray) then I suggest trying to see it on one of the main bigger screens and in a digital cinema if you can.

My kids saw this in 2D first and thought it was just as good as the3D.

Our local empire was giving free upgrades to premium seating when booking online - well worth doing - £9.60 instead of £9.00 and you get to choose where to sit... (if you book early).

DarkKnight;7536692

+1All the reviews i've seen have pretty much said it's the best movie … +1All the reviews i've seen have pretty much said it's the best movie ever etc.I can't wait to see it, just need someone to go with :-(

Is that a hint ?

DarkKnight;7537082

Is there much of a difference in seeing the 3D version over 2D? As i … Is there much of a difference in seeing the 3D version over 2D? As i would prefer to watch it on DVD.

i would watch both at the cinema if i were you.

this is the cinematic event of the year basically and to watch it at home just simply wouldn't give you the same immersive experience.

anyway - i've got an unlimited card so it only cost me 30p for glasses and £1.50 on top of free admission to watch the 3d

anyway, 3d was....................in 3d!!

2d good as well but like i say, go see them both!!

I will have to go and see it deffo - Love a good film.

Plot is rubbish, the experience of a whole new world, the vibrant colours, the CGI, the 3d aspect alll priceless

I just saw it aswell. Im going to put it out there. Its one of, if not the best film ive ever seen

http://blog.moviegoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/avatar-movie-poster1.jpg

http://h.imagehost.org/0121/avatar3.jpg

might go watch it again...but in IMAX lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846127
    2. Sad news about Barcelona2185
    3. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407226
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?1120

See more discussions