Average MacBook battery charge cycles

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows the average charge cycles for a MacBook before the battery starts to have issues/needs replacing.

Many Thanks, rep will be added to those who help!

9 Comments

It depends on type of usage.....

Original Poster

electriclinux;8730967

It depends on type of usage.....

Just basic browsing, emails, word processing & the occasional movie

if you have applecare and are having problems the battery is covered anyway....I have had several replaced FOC over the years

Original Poster

boothy;8730974

if you have applecare and are having problems the battery is covered … if you have applecare and are having problems the battery is covered anyway....I have had several replaced FOC over the years

Thanks, just recently I've noticed it's not been holding it's charge like it used to, luckily I have AppleCare. Think I may give them a call this afternoon :thumbsup:

I meant do you constantly run it at the mains, do you drain it totally each time before charging or only a little bit before charging?

livingthelife07;8730983

Thanks, just recently I've noticed it's not been holding it's charge like … Thanks, just recently I've noticed it's not been holding it's charge like it used to, luckily I have AppleCare. Think I may give them a call this afternoon :thumbsup:

just ring them.....they will do the advance replacement thing ,they put a hold for £88 on your CC and send you a new one,once they receive the faulty one back they remove the hold

make sure you have done all system updates though as this is the first thing they will ask

Original Poster

electriclinux;8730984

I meant do you constantly run it at the mains, do you drain it totally … I meant do you constantly run it at the mains, do you drain it totally each time before charging or only a little bit before charging?

Sorry, I usually drain it until it's virtually dead, then give it a full charge

Original Poster

boothy;8730991

just ring them.....they will do the advance replacement thing ,they put a … just ring them.....they will do the advance replacement thing ,they put a hold for £88 on your CC and send you a new one,once they receive the faulty one back they remove the holdmake sure you have done all system updates though as this is the first thing they will ask

Brilliant thanks again :-D

when i bought mine i was told that they should last for 1000 charge cycles
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2025
    2. Sad news about Barcelona1857
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764049
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846099

See more discussions