Average wait time on Amazon when ordering oos product

Posted 9th Oct
does anyone have an average of how long it takes for amazon to ship an item that you ordered when it was out of stock. I understand waiting times may vary but would really appreciate an estimate.

thanks for your help!
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I don't think there is such a thing as an "average time" as it varies in each situation, so an estimate based on an experience with a different item isn't going to be helpful to you.
What's the average of 1 day and never?
All depends on when their delivery comes from the manufacturer. I'm still waiting on my Timberland which I ordered back in September, still no ETA
as said, you cannot say what the average is, could be quick but could be ages or never come. We have something that was ordered in June still not arrived, had orders in the past that got cancelled after months. A couple of years ago ordered an instock Dandy annual in December that got delayed and even though I asked them about it in Janury I was told it was coming when I knew it wasnt and it took them until October to eventually cancel it.
Just be careful with these 'oos' deals, they take your money beforehand now and if they don't come back in stock, they then refund you, I've stopped ordering anything oos because in my experience, they very rarely come back in stock.
Never order out of stock from anywhere, go somewhere else, unless you like being wound up for weeks or months
How long is a piece of string? From my experience it's either fast, slow, or never (mispriced/no stock).
I ordered an item that was out of stock and not due back in stock for about 3 weeks, that was delivered quicker than it normally takes free delivery orders to arrive.

On the other hand, I once ordered a graphics card for my brother, three months then they cancelled and then put the price up when their stock arrived.

So, anytime between now and never.

Usually, I prefer to shop somewhere else.
Edited by: "melted" 10th Oct
melted10/10/2019 16:05

I ordered an item that was out of stock and not due back in stock for …I ordered an item that was out of stock and not due back in stock for about 3 weeks, that was delivered quicker than it normally takes free delivery orders to arrive.On the other hand, I once ordered a graphics card for my brother, three months then they cancelled and then put the price up when their stock arrived.Usually, I prefer to shop somewhere else.

Ohh ok thanks for the advice!
I ordered dettol wipes a month ago and still not arrived!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants