AVG ANTI VIRUS free version

5 replies
Found 9th Sep 2007
Hi there is it possible to download this onto a disc??

i want to put it on a computer that has a virus but as soon as i go onto it they all come up 1 after another and slows it down so much its hard to do anything with it

hopefully some1 can help

cheers

6 Comments

Just download the latest version from the AVG website and burn the setup program onto a CD. Then pop the CD in your virus infected PC and run the setup program to install it on that machine.
I have done this several times on various PC's and it works with no problems

or stick it on a pen drive if you have one.

Banned

Try making a LiveCD instead, this will make your life a bit easier.

This one is pretty good If you are using Windows XP, and you can add features that you want, such as antivirus:
nu2.nu/peb…er/

Or this one for Windows & Linux:
bitdefender.com/sit…tml

To be honest mate if the virus are that bad i'd format and reinstall, ive got my c drive cloned to a spare disc with all the programes the way i like fully set up and my documents on drive d and music drive e with all my bookmarks and browser ready to go with all roboform data stored in my docs too,then if the pc starts getting sluggish its just a 20-30 minute job to get it restored to a clean install state! I try to do this monthly anyway to keep it fresh and lively!

harlzter

To be honest mate if the virus are that bad i'd format and reinstall, ive … To be honest mate if the virus are that bad i'd format and reinstall, ive got my c drive cloned to a spare disc with all the programes the way i like fully set up and my documents on drive d and music drive e with all my bookmarks and browser ready to go with all roboform data stored in my docs too,then if the pc starts getting sluggish its just a 20-30 minute job to get it restored to a clean install state! I try to do this monthly anyway to keep it fresh and lively!

good thinking mate, :thumbsup:

Banned

It works well that way for me too, even with multi boot
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet56
    2. amazon echo idiots guide69
    3. Does any kind person have one spare sweet Sunday's code?22
    4. disneyland paris tickets33

See more discussions