Groups

AVG ERROR MESSAGES

Have used AVG free for many years with no problems. Past few days control centre says "internal virus database is out of date"
    It is not out of date, updated many times past few days, on top of normal daily up date. Also done full scans a few times and all clear, no viruses. Have checked with another virus prog, all clear.

Uninstalled and re-installed but problem still not solved, message still remains. Anoyone lese got this problem?

10 Comments

i had the same recently, but found there was an update of some description. NOt for database, but for the programme itself. sure this will be the same for you.

Original Poster

I just want to get rid of the message, saying it's out of date....unerving. No ammount of any updates have got rid of it. All seems to be working OK, should I just ignore it?

Has anyone changed the date on your computer?

Original Poster

Susannah;1542037

Has anyone changed the date on your computer?

No

iglimpse;1542103

No

Is the pc date correct? If not it may be the cmos battery that needs replacing! I had one that although only a couple of months old was flat and causing errors like this!

Original Poster

harlzter;1542355

Is the pc date correct? If not it may be the cmos battery that needs … Is the pc date correct? If not it may be the cmos battery that needs replacing! I had one that although only a couple of months old was flat and causing errors like this!

PC date perfect
    What is a cmos battery?
    I am on a desktop. Surely if a battery was faulty, there would be many more symptoms than just one.

iglimpse;1544540

PC date perfectWhat is a cmos battery?I am on a desktop. Surely if a … PC date perfectWhat is a cmos battery?I am on a desktop. Surely if a battery was faulty, there would be many more symptoms than just one.

Its a battery on your motherboard, it stores your bios settings and time/date a sign that this is dead would be your time/date settings on taskbar are wrong, if the battery needs replacing its a large watch type battery usually a CR2025 or CR2032 they cost around £2 for 2 in wilko's.

Banned

I had the same problem a few days ago. re-booted PC and it cleared itself.

Original Poster

:oops: I did check when you all asked about the time date. It was spot on.....what I did not notice until yesterday was the year 2168 :w00t:

Was transferrring info from outlook to google calendars, importing CSV file, somehow it must have happened then. All fixed now. Much appreciated thanks guys

iglimpse;1547812

:oops: I did check when you all asked about the time date. It was spot … :oops: I did check when you all asked about the time date. It was spot on.....what I did not notice until yesterday was the year 2168 :w00t:Was transferrring info from outlook to google calendars, importing CSV file, somehow it must have happened then. All fixed now. Much appreciated thanks guys

Alls well that ends well, glad you got it sorted out, blame it on the gremlins!:whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.44
      2. Need help with home Internet dropping out please33
      3. Jury service710
      4. connect tablet25

See more discussions