Groups

AVG has fixed the automatic update

As users of AVG antivirs know, there was a problem updating the virus database. This meant it had to be done maually in version 8.
    This has been fixed.
    Do an update and you'll be asked to restart your pc. After this, open AVG, go to TOOLS, ADVANCED SETTINGS, choose Dial up, and make sure there is a tick in "Use Dial-up Connections (not close dial-up). Apply.
    Then go to Schedules, Virus database update, choose the time, Run on computer startup if task ....., Apply.

2 Comments

Nice one mate. Thought this was a problem with my wifi initially as I have trouble obtaining a link to my router without wandering around my living room first!
    Top man!

Original Poster

sigma;2454263

I've got AVG 8 free & it's always run automatic updates on starting up … I've got AVG 8 free & it's always run automatic updates on starting up with no problems. Just checked my control panel & it was last updated this morning to virus DB 270.4.5/1533 AVG version 8.0.135 & I don't have this dial up box checked.:? Is this just a problem on paid version possibly ?

You probally have your broadband connected all the time. Mine is through an ADSL modem, which switches off with the PC. I use the free version too.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047112
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767266
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32452
      4. love affairs1445

See more discussions