Found 13th Apr 2009
I have only just noticed why my PC was running a little slowly on a Monday AVG is running a scan in the background. The icon on the taskbar has a grey arrow in it (see pic). If you use AVG and find the same thing happening just hover the cursor over the AVG icon to see if there is a scan in process.

Please don't turn this into a "I hate AVG" thread

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments

Original Poster

http://i44.tinypic.com/2cfbcas.jpg

The All New I Hate Xp Thread

supermod

I've set mine to run a scheduled scan once a week & I currently have that very icon displayed in my taskbar It's in addition to the normal AVG icon, which is also displayed, But that's on WinXP, it maybe different on newer OS.

just go into the avg interface click on computer scanner then you should see when the scan is scheduled. Think the default is daily at 12. click on edit schedule then you can either turn it off or rearange to whenever you want.

yeh mine has the play symbol on it whilst scanning

Original Poster

sigma;4909993

I've set mine to run a scheduled scan once a week & I currently have that … I've set mine to run a scheduled scan once a week & I currently have that very icon displayed in my taskbar It's in addition to the normal AVG icon, which is also displayed, But that's on WinXP, it maybe different on newer OS.

I have exactly the same. The normal icon was hidden, so yes there are two AVG icons.

http://i40.tinypic.com/11ak16x.jpg

Banned

Wished I could help! My AVG is knackered !!!!

I don't hate AVG, I have it on my main pc (4gb ram so don't notice it running) But on my lappy and daughters pc I use Avast, seems to be less resource hogging, so you could try switching?

Is it necessary to scan often?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Aliexpress - To be trusted?11
    2. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…815
    3. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G918
    4. Driving anxiety.2734

See more discussions