Groups
    EXPIRED

AVG Update question

Anyone updated AVG this morning? Did you get a report that a .bin file was missing? I'm supposing that Grisoft are doing work on their site as I cannot get to free.avg.com or free.grisoft.com

THIS IS THE FIX (dandoc2)

Go on this
    grisoft.com/ww.…ate
    Download
    IAVI: / 1616 + AVI: 270.6.4

Then once they are downloaded create a folder with just AVG as its name - put it on the desktop

Then go on avg and then tools then update from directory and click the AVG folder and then update it

Fixed
    - dandoc2

12 Comments

yeh i just noticed that, tried updating again and it says the same thing.

Yeah, I've had the same message.

Original Poster

Thanks for that, I am pleased to see that I have not uninstalled something that I should not have :). It must be Grisoft who is at fault here. I'll try again later today.

yeh give it some time and im sure they will fix the update

There are people all over the world reporting this one according to Google as I got the same thing this morning, it seems the last update was corrupt, so it should hopefully be fixed today or tomorrow.

arghhhhh i wish i read here, uninstalled AVG and just reinstalling it lol.....oh well never mind lol

lol i got that a few days ago you can fix it like this

Go on this
    ]http//ww…ate
    Download
    IAVI: / 1616 + AVI: 270.6.4

Then once they are downloaded create a folder with just AVG as its name drag those 2 files into it - put it on the desktop as you will know where it is

Then go on avg and then tools then update from directory and click the AVG folder and then update it

Fixed

dandoc2;2763555

lol i got that a few days ago you can fix it like thisGo on this … lol i got that a few days ago you can fix it like thisGo on this ]http://www.grisoft.com/ww.download-updateDownload IAVI: / 1616 + AVI: 270.6.4Then once they are downloaded create a folder with just AVG as its name drag those 2 files into it - put it on the desktop as you will know where it is Then go on avg and then tools then update from directory and click the AVG folder and then update it Fixed

Good one dandoc

worked a treat

many thanks

Rep Left

EliTom

amcol;2763549

arghhhhh i wish i read here, uninstalled AVG and just reinstalling it … arghhhhh i wish i read here, uninstalled AVG and just reinstalling it lol.....oh well never mind lol

DOH !

I nearly did the same, but luckily was running late for work so thought I'd do it when I got home tonight. Thank God I read this first :whistling:

I guess AVG have now fixed the problem.
    I just clicked update within AVG and it updated and is now working fine

I had the same...I just started the install program, then chose the repair option...that worked! (I think!, lol)

spenz09;2763854

I guess AVG have now fixed the problem.I just clicked update within AVG … I guess AVG have now fixed the problem.I just clicked update within AVG and it updated and is now working fine

yeh its been fixed now
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 10% Argos code with glitch22
      2. Safest type of external hard drive?33
      3. Jury service47
      4. Three connection56

See more discussions