Groups

AVI DivX Help ?

Hi all,

I've been downloading the latest series of Spooks off the net, which are all DivX avi's.

The 1st two are fine, but on episode 3, my Xbox will only pick up that it's 15 mins long, and not an hour.

Played it on my PC & it works fine, but the damn xbox wont play more than 15 mins of it.

Tried re-downloading & also downloading from a differenct source, but all have the same issue ?? Epidsode 4 is exactly the same ??

I'm assuming there is a small issue with the file after 15 mins, so the Xbox wont read past this point.

Anyone know how to fix this ?

I've tried streaming the file via DM800 from PC to Sat box, but same issue, stops after 15 mins.

6 Comments

What's the file size?

Try running it through Gspot and post up the stats - headbands.com/gspot/

Could be a packed Bitstream problem in which case MPEG4 Modifier should help - moitah.net/

maybe not solving that particular problem but have you tried downloading another version of the same eps? there are some websites/seeders/uploaders which does dedicated uploads for ps3/360s (sorry i dont remember the names of them)

Edit: I've had issues similar to this on the ps3, but it solves itself by stopping and playing the avi again, alternatively switch off and on the machine again.. but I assume you've tried those before

Original Poster

evangelion;7127160

What's the file size?Try running it through Gspot and post up the stats - … What's the file size?Try running it through Gspot and post up the stats - http://www.headbands.com/gspot/Could be a packed Bitstream problem in which case MPEG4 Modifier should help - http://www.moitah.net/

File is 546mb

GSpot info

File Length Correct
    DivX Style "packed bitstream" AVI
    AVI v1.0
    Interleave: 1 vid frame (40 ms), preload=48
    Audio frames: Aligned on interleaves
    Video: 486 MB (89.05%)
    Audio: 54.5 MB (9.97%)
    AVI Overhead: 5.30 MB (0.97%)

[ISFT] MEncoder 1.0.1rc2-6.9
    [JUNK] MPlayer junk data
    [JUNK] MPlayer junk data
    [JUNK] MPlayer junk data
    [JUNK] MPlayer junk data
    [JUNK] MPlayer junk data
    [USER] DivX503b1393p
    [USER] XviD0050

Original Poster

Inquisitor;7127286

maybe not solving that particular problem but have you tried downloading … maybe not solving that particular problem but have you tried downloading another version of the same eps? there are some websites/seeders/uploaders which does dedicated uploads for ps3/360s (sorry i dont remember the names of them)Edit: I've had issues similar to this on the ps3, but it solves itself by stopping and playing the avi again, alternatively switch off and on the machine again.. but I assume you've tried those before

Yes mate, tried several different variations.

Tried stooping & restarting, re-uploading, re-downloading, streaming from PC to Xbox, streaming from PC to DM800 - nowt works.

Xbox actually says it is 15 mins long, but PC says it's 57 mins long...

Original Poster

Used that Mpeg modifier & all is now well - thanks mate

Aha! result! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1120
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4412062
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764685
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work66

See more discussions