Avicii passes away, aged 28

Found 20th AprEdited by:"F.D."
.Artist, DJ and producer Tim Bergling, a.k.a. Avicii, died this afternoon in Oman, according to a statement from his rep. He was 28.

“It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii,” the statement reads. “He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th. The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their needfor privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given.”

2928831-zyrXn.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Awful news. Such a young age RIP, Avicii
18 Comments
OD?
Never heard of him but that's no age.
What is reason of death ... he was only 28
33670662-vwxaZ.jpg
Here’s the reason for his death
Self inflicted?
Awful news. Such a young age RIP, Avicii
The cause of death hasn't been released.

There is speculation in the media related to his poor health in the past but no actual confirmation of the cause anywhere as yet.
Edited by: "distracted247" 20th Apr
I read ages ago that his alcoholism forced him to retirement, and was the reason he had his gallbladder and appendix removed. acute pancreatitis, etc etc

It's no suprise to me, only that he missed the 27 club
Edited by: "Jace_Phoenix" 20th Apr
Just a kid. May he R.I.P
Some good tunes. Sad. RIP.
Sad news. He was always a great performer at festivals and knew how to read and control the crowd with his DJ skills. Seen him a few times
Seen him at lots of festivals, 28 is no age r.i.p Avicii. After reading what #caironjake has posted i'm not suprised. I'v worked in the concert and production building industry and its a rough scene.
Uranus20th Apr

Self inflicted?

Unfortunately that statement says more about you.
Enjoy your cosseted life and I hope no one close to you suffers an addiction self inflicted or not.
jimmy_the_fridge1 h, 51 m ago

Unfortunately that statement says more about you.Enjoy your cosseted life …Unfortunately that statement says more about you.Enjoy your cosseted life and I hope no one close to you suffers an addiction self inflicted or not.

So is that a yes then?
Who is he and why is he taking screen space never heard of the fella but such a young age my sadness goes out to his family who will be thriving without his presence RIP Oman #Legend

I heard Mr Super Market Sweet Dale Wanton Died as well at the age of 66 such a young age as well hope he rest in peace a TV legend deserved happiness but never knew he was GAY
33672662-u7scr.jpg
Uranus20th Apr

So is that a yes then?

I don't actually know but I do know that it's none of my business how he died and I don't want to be nasty and make cheap shots about it.
jimmy_the_fridge1 h, 19 m ago

I don't actually know but I do know that it's none of my business how he …I don't actually know but I do know that it's none of my business how he died and I don't want to be nasty and make cheap shots about it.

Burying your head in the sand is no way to live.

It's undoubtedly sad, but also entirely relevant to understand how people died so others may learn from those mistakes.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants