Groups

Aviemore & Cairngorms National Park

Hi
    Please suggest some must-see, must-visit, or must do at Aviemore or Cairngorms National Park..

Also suggest where can we go between inverness & aviemore?

Thanks

12 Comments

The Funicular Railway nearby is a "must do" and they had a deal on itison recently...worth checking to see if it is still on the deal. Also, if you have kids, there is a nearby Landmark Centre at Carrbridge.

Go check out the reindeer!

Highland wildlife park is also in the same area, there is the strathspey steam railway

If you are into walking, there a number of options. The highlights for me were the walk to the beautiful Loch an Eilein through Rothiemurchus and the ramble up Craigellachie.

Loch an Eilein from me too, we hired mountain bikes and made a day of it in Rothiemurchus forest. Also if adventurous zippark.co.uk great fun, great views. Also Loch Morlich at Glenmore near Aviemore for a lazy day on the beach or watersports. Further afield Lossiemouth, Moray Coast/Black Isle worth the short trip

Original Poster

We are driving with 2 kids .. will go to funicular railway but not guided walk

Original Poster

is A9 safe? I read so many bad incidents on a9 all over internet

as others have said, loch an Eileen, loch morlich, and feed the reindeer (then walk up to the ski centre from the reindeer fields, nice walk)

dhanepud

is A9 safe? I read so many bad incidents on a9 all over internet

​It's a road that goes from single to dual all the way there, I went recently and there were lots of building works also so lots of slower parts as I think they are planning to make it dual carriageway all the way.

Personally had no problems and just like any other road imo, just keep your eye on the road of course and enjoy the scenery!

A9 has average speed cameras on the single carriageways and lorries are allowed to do 50mph on that road so its much better

The A9 has many many tourists....some who like to go slower and enjoy the scenery, others who are confused by road signage. There are also the impatient drivers who "miss out" on overtaking at the dual-carriageway stretches and try to overtake when it is not safe to do so...misjudging oncoming car speeds!
    The road is safe...the drivers are the ones to watch out for!
    As stated by jb66...Average Speed Cameras...these now help!
    Drive safely!
    Edited by: "tomba" 4th Jun

Check out ace adventure. They are 5 star activity provider and the rafting is awesome. Also have a very cool glamping site based between Aviemore and Inverness
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland77
      2. I have a TV and internet11
      3. Google assistant notification79
      4. cheap glasses websites45

See more discussions