Groups

Avios - is my saving any good?

I need to book a 1 way ticket to Dubrovnik.

It costs £170

I have some Avios points, around 29k.

BA website says use 13,750 of them and save £75.

Is this worth it?? Around 0.55 pence per point?

11 Comments

Depends where you want to fly from

Original Poster

from Gatwick

brutallogic

from Gatwick

what date

Original Poster

archer1204

what date

20th July

brutallogic

20th July

Ah never mind norwegian was doing one way flights for £30 but it was for next month

Original Poster

archer1204

Ah never mind norwegian was doing one way flights for £30 but it was for … Ah never mind norwegian was doing one way flights for £30 but it was for next month

yea don't fly on a Thursday either:( do you know what good value is for avios points? I've never used them before and theres tons of information floating around but struggling to get a straight answer

brutallogic

yea don't fly on a Thursday either:( do you know what good value is for … yea don't fly on a Thursday either:( do you know what good value is for avios points? I've never used them before and theres tons of information floating around but struggling to get a straight answer

Hmm to be honest its not a great exchange but would you use them for anything else in future etc

brutallogic

yea don't fly on a Thursday either:( do you know what good value is for … yea don't fly on a Thursday either:( do you know what good value is for avios points? I've never used them before and theres tons of information floating around but struggling to get a straight answer

Again not sure if this helps but if you get the late flight on the 19th with easyjet its currently £96 unfortunately the time you want to go is the height of the season good luck on what you do boy its going to be roasting over there on those dates

Original Poster

archer1204

Again not sure if this helps but if you get the late flight on the 19th … Again not sure if this helps but if you get the late flight on the 19th with easyjet its currently £96 unfortunately the time you want to go is the height of the season good luck on what you do boy its going to be roasting over there on those dates

Thanks, I'm meeting my mum there on the 20th so taking account of the extra night in hotel and £20 odd luggage excess it's not really worth it for me, appreciate your efforts...... roll on the sun

brutallogic

Thanks, I'm meeting my mum there on the 20th so taking account of the … Thanks, I'm meeting my mum there on the 20th so taking account of the extra night in hotel and £20 odd luggage excess it's not really worth it for me, appreciate your efforts...... roll on the sun

No worries i loved going to dubrovnik but i went in april its an amazing place but for me just too damn hot in july

Original Poster

archer1204

No worries i loved going to dubrovnik but i went in april its an amazing … No worries i loved going to dubrovnik but i went in april its an amazing place but for me just too damn hot in july

yes it's a bit hot for me too but my mum is invited to wedding in Italy the following week so I figured I'd work in a trip to Dubrovnik first as it's a place I've never been before and looks beautiful, booked my mums tickets from Edinburgh for £75 so paying an extra £100 is a nuisance but I'll soon get over it:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions