Aviva - Free Parent Life Cover (£15,000)

Posted 3rd Aug
aviva.co.uk/ins…ers

What is Free Parent Life Cover?

If you have young children, chances are you’ve considered life insurance. So how does a whole year of free life cover sound? That’s £15,000 of life insurance for each parent of each child under four, with nothing to pay.

It’s free.

We won’t charge you a penny – no need to tell us your bank details, and you’ll be covered for a year.

£15,000 worth of cover.

We’ll pay the full amount if you pass away within the policy term, and the claim’s valid.

Newborn to preschool.

Apply from birth or any time before their fourth birthday.

It’s easy – if you’re eligible, just register with MyAviva and fill in the short application to kickstart your cover.

How does free parent life cover work?
If you’re a parent, you get a whole year of free life cover for each child you have under four. Then, if you pass away in that time, we pay out £15,000 to help your loved ones manage financially.

Is this cover instead of a life insurance policy?

It’s up to you. You can take out free parent cover alongside an existing life insurance policy, to boost your overall cover amount, or take it out on its own. Some parents get a life insurance policy when the free year is over, but you don’t have to.

Can my partner and I both take out cover?

Yes. You can both take out a separate policy for each child under four. So that’s a plan for each parent, of each child. You can’t have cover for the same child for more than a year, though. And each parent can’t have more than one policy per child.

About our Free Parent Life Cover:

What we’ll give you

£15,000 worth of cover

And we’ll pay out this lump sum if you pass away within the year.

Free cover for a year.

There’s nothing to buy, and we won’t ask for bank details.

Cover for each parent of each child under four years.

Apply from birth or any time before their fourth birthday.

When we can’t pay out:

If you don’t answer all questions honestly
So make sure you fill in the form accurately and truthfully.

If you pass away due to alcohol or drug abuse
Alcohol abuse and non-prescribed drug overdose aren’t covered.

If you pass away due to suicide.

Intentional injury that’s self-inflicted isn’t covered.

If you move out of the UK
We can’t cover you if you move abroad.

Are you eligible?

You can apply for this cover if:

You’re aged 18-66 and a permanent UK resident.

You have a child under four years old and are named as a parent on their birth certificate, full adoption certificate, special guardianship order, or final residence order.

You haven’t had cancer treatment, including for leukaemia and lymphoma, in the last 12 months
You only take out one plan per child, per parent.

You haven’t taken out this plan for the same child before.

Policy Documents
Community Updates
4 Comments
Discriminates against those who can't have, or choose not to have, children.

Other policy holders will pay for this.
hedgyhog03/08/2020 18:39

Discriminates against those who can't have, or choose not to have, …Discriminates against those who can't have, or choose not to have, children.Other policy holders will pay for this.

There is always something for someone to moan about. I haven’t got kids. It’s not discriminating against those that choose not to have them or cannot have them for medical reasons etc the list is endless. It is what it is and that’s it.
Edited by: "batezy" 3rd Aug
This is brilliant. I’ve just taken this offer up hope I don’t die tho
Justsuperman03/08/2020 19:24

This is brilliant. I’ve just taken this offer up hope I don’t die tho

I hope you don’t as well!
Post a comment
@
    Text