Aviva home insurance direct vs through computerquote

Found 20th Feb
I have received home insurance renewal from computerquote.com with Aviva as provider. Total Quote is £157.
I called Aviva directly for a quote & for exact same details their quote is £260.
How come there is such a big difference when both are Aviva ?
Aviva directly will not match the quote received from computerquote!
Community Updates
AskFinance & Utilities
5 Comments
Not unusual. How they justify it is beyond me though
psychobitchfromhell51 m ago

Not unusual. How they justify it is beyond me though

yep this, dont know how it works,they will be paying the other lot a kickback too,
What did aviva say when you asked them?
They said they can’t compare & have any further explanation except that these will be 2 different policies though underwriter will be same aviva :-)
dhanepud4 h, 6 m ago

They said they can’t compare & have any further explanation except that t …They said they can’t compare & have any further explanation except that these will be 2 different policies though underwriter will be same aviva :-)

happens for all of the companies, some do make the policies slightly different but most are identical they have to be more competitive on the comparison sites and price accordingly or not in some cases. where as they think that if you go to them directly and bother to put in all of your details you might not be comparing against others so they can add money to the overall cost.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants