Expired

AVOID CHEADLE CAR SALES - suggestions on what i do next

Found 2nd Sep 2014
We viewed a car at said Location on saturday and decided we wanted it so put down a deposit down so not to loose the car before it was delivered 2 days later.
On the saturday we recieved a call from them saying they cannot deliver it due to THE VAN BEING BROKEN, didnt think much of it at the time so i arranged that i would pick it up monday (yesterday)

When i arrived at the garage i was treated to a sight that could only be described as something from a gypsy squat. 8 scruffy chavs that needed a bath messing about with a quad bike and displaying NO customer service at all as members of the public were just getting ignored.

(It has to be mentioned that when we originally went to see the car it had decided to throw it down and thus all the inbreds must have been in there caves otherwise i would have just turned around had i seen this sight earlier)

When inspecting the car there was new damage to the car, the rear right light was cracked and missing a piece and there were 2 fresh deep scratches on the side that were so new they were bright white and sharp to the touch, also the plastic grill at the front was off and clips bent (was this a reason they didnt deliver it on saturday had someone crashed into it )

when confronting one of the mutants i was told the scratches, broken light and damaged plastic grill had all been like that saturday, this of course was absolute rubbish. after showing no interest in fixing the issues i was simply asked "do you want the car or not" to which i said no. as he walked away i asked for my deposit to which i was told it was non refundable and that i had wasted there time. (seems they had all the time to waste the way they were messing about)

Im still fuming this morning, and tho im going to have to accept my deposits gone does anyone have any advice on where i can go with this? If i can atleast stop anyone else going to these jokers my time will have been well spent uncovering them and doing something

the car was advertised on auto trader

62 Comments

What does the paper work say regarding the deposit?

Oh man that's bad. Just go and threaten them or something get the husband to dress up as a bobby xD

Banned

I wouldn't be relying on the HUKD lawyers. Phone a local solicitor, you can usually get a short appointment free of charge, take it from there.

Alternatively many household insurance policies will provide some legal cover.

The company seems to sell cars at c.£1000 and less, what were you expecting?!

Take photos of a car when you go to look at it so you can prove any damage that may have occurred between putting deposit down and taking delivery of the vehicle.

I know a little late in this instance but something to think of going forward

if they can prove that they have carried out work on the vehicle for your sale then they can keep the deposit to cover their outlay. you can threaten trading standards but if they do this all the time they will know nothing really happens. Regarding the damage the sales person will say it was already on the vehicle when you looked at it in the first place.

How much deposit?

pghstochaj

The company seems to sell cars at c.£1000 and less, what were you … The company seems to sell cars at c.£1000 and less, what were you expecting?!

I would expect the car to be in the same condition as it was on the day i said i would have it. Don't see how the price of the car makes any difference tbh. (_;)

deeky

How much deposit?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq55t6IXLl1qfjko2o1_r1_500.gif

small claims?

haritori

small claims?

Depending on how much deposit he has lost, I might be inclined to just leave it. I know that would be frustrating, but getting the judgement at court wouldn't mean he would get his money back. By the sounds of it the scroats are unlikely to pay, which would just lead to more stress.

Banned

put a company review on trustpilot.. If it were me I'd ruin any good name they have unless I got my deposit back

get some friends to all visit at different times and take cars for a test drive etc to waste their time. it wont get you your money back but some resolution that they have been working for nothing

Banned

tdh31

get some friends to all visit at different times and take cars for a … get some friends to all visit at different times and take cars for a test drive etc to waste their time. it wont get you your money back but some resolution that they have been working for nothing

don't you need friends with free time to waste in order to do that

How did you pay the deposit? Cash, debit or credit card? If the latter, can you claim it back from your credit card company

whatsThePoint

don't you need friends with free time to waste in order to do that

You could be his friend (one way of getting one for you ;))

Banned

deeky

You could be his friend (one way of getting one for you ;))

if they pay more than you i'll pretend I'm their son as well

tdh31

get some friends to all visit at different times and take cars for a … get some friends to all visit at different times and take cars for a test drive etc to waste their time. it wont get you your money back but some resolution that they have been working for nothing

That would waste the friends time.

Amazing_1

Oh man that's bad. Just go and threaten them or something get the husband … Oh man that's bad. Just go and threaten them or something get the husband to dress up as a bobby xD

Kinky!

Never view a car when it is raining/wet, best advice my old Dad gave to me.(_;)

I suspect that the car was as it was, rain/wet will hide a multitude of faults.

OldEnglish

I would expect the car to be in the same condition as it was on the day i … I would expect the car to be in the same condition as it was on the day i said i would have it. Don't see how the price of the car makes any difference tbh. (_;)

My comment was aimed at the poor service received, not the condition of the car.

Is this lot OP

http://cheadlecarsales.co.uk/

All cars have a 30 point safety check on site, 12 months MOT available … All cars have a 30 point safety check on site, 12 months MOT available (done onsite).

If they as you say they are I'd be surprised that they can count to 30.

I've clicked the link to the site,

I've then clicked "Vehicles"

I've then seen a car/truck listed at £12.500 with the description

"own truck immaculate auto call any time for ifo"

Says it all really...

simplyjimbo

Is this lot OPhttp://cheadlecarsales.co.uk/If they as you say they are … Is this lot OPhttp://cheadlecarsales.co.uk/If they as you say they are I'd be surprised that they can count to 30.

They cannot even spell Cheadle correctly, and they are based there.oO

" Next MOT due 26/06/2014, Service history, Clean bodywork, Black Cloth interior - Excellent Condition, Tyre condition Good, Electric front windows, Sony Radio/single CD player, Central locking, Tilt Steering, Immobiliser. cheade car Sales is a family run business with a reputation built on attention to detail to both their cars and customers. Most vehicles have had one previous owner with main dealer service history. , With no pressuring salesmen, customers are welcome to browse at there own leisure and test drives are welcome on all vehicles. , Warranty options are available on all vehicles. All cars have a 30 point safety check on site, 12 months MOT available (done onsite). Any car, any condition taken as part exchange
Edited by: "Inactive" 2nd Sep 2014

First contact Autotrader - they have a good reputation and would probably want to be aware of bad dealer.

Email enquiries@autotrader.co.uk or call 0345 111 0003.

Then contact your local Trading Standards (yes I know you'll need some proof to get the case opened) but just pointing TS in the direction of the Cheadle Car Sales might help others (or possibly TS are already aware of the scum).

Original Poster

simplyjimbo

Is this lot OPhttp://cheadlecarsales.co.uk/If they as you say they are … Is this lot OPhttp://cheadlecarsales.co.uk/If they as you say they are I'd be surprised that they can count to 30.

YES THEY ARE THE COWBOYS

Inactive

Never view a car when it is raining/wet, best advice my old Dad gave to … Never view a car when it is raining/wet, best advice my old Dad gave to me.(_;)I suspect that the car was as it was, rain/wet will hide a multitude of faults.

Also never view it under artificial lighting is another, however I have seen where sodium street lights can benefit a viewing as my parents old metro in the 80's had had a wing replaced at some point (not old enough at the time for it to have been a rust issue so obviously some accident damage of some type which would have made my dad walk from the deal if he had known!) and you could only see a discrepancy in the colour under sodium!

Original Poster

Saying rain will hide a smased light and a grill falling out is pushing it a bit

also, the image of the car on autotrade before i went didnt show this damage on the car which means it deff happened later on

Havince

Saying rain will hide a smased light and a grill falling out is pushing … Saying rain will hide a smased light and a grill falling out is pushing it a bitalso, the image of the car on autotrade before i went didnt show this damage on the car which means it deff happened later on

I would never got as far as even viewing the car, the premises / website are enough to give a good idea of the kind of people running the outfit

Which car was it?

Somebody must own/manage the place. How about you get in touch with them, notify them of the issues, explain that you are not happy with the situation and if your deposit is not returned you will contact the local paper, trusted review people, autotrader and/or trading standards?

If that doesn't get some action then decide if you actually want to carry on with that route and do so.

pghstochaj

The company seems to sell cars at c.£1000 and less, what were you … The company seems to sell cars at c.£1000 and less, what were you expecting?!

he was probably expecting it to be in the same state as when he paid the deposit and agreed to buy it, which in my view is an entirely acceptable thing to expect.

Sebas111

Which car was it?

[img]encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzRz3JiMPw_fneTazZghYVBZJxVWMesmboFE-FNggYH22LRNvz6w[/img]

Havince

Saying rain will hide a smased light and a grill falling out is pushing … Saying rain will hide a smased light and a grill falling out is pushing it a bitalso, the image of the car on autotrade before i went didnt show this damage on the car which means it deff happened later on

Make sure you screen shot or print the advert with the picture. Also if there was originally damage to it, it would/ should be mentioned in the write up meaning further proof for your case.
Edited by: "DangerousBeans" 2nd Sep 2014

Andrew Campbell
2 Millers House - The Maltings
Stanstead Abbotts
Herts
SG12 8HN

You got pics of the car before the damage? if so take them to a small claims court to get your deposit back + more.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 2nd Sep 2014

Inactive

To be fair our kids old school spelt the village name (and name of the … To be fair our kids old school spelt the village name (and name of the school) wrong on a news letter, mind you I wouldn't have bought anything from them either, thankfully the kids now go to a better school.They cannot even spell Cheadle correctly, and they are based there.oO" Next MOT due 26/06/2014, Service history, Clean bodywork, Black Cloth interior - Excellent Condition, Tyre condition Good, Electric front windows, Sony Radio/single CD player, Central locking, Tilt Steering, Immobiliser. cheade car Sales is a family run business with a reputation built on attention to detail to both their cars and customers. Most vehicles have had one previous owner with main dealer service history. , With no pressuring salesmen, customers are welcome to browse at there own leisure and test drives are welcome on all vehicles. , Warranty options are available on all vehicles. All cars have a 30 point safety check on site, 12 months MOT available (done onsite). Any car, any condition taken as part exchange

J4GG4

Andrew Campbell2 Millers House - The MaltingsStanstead AbbottsHertsSG12 … Andrew Campbell2 Millers House - The MaltingsStanstead AbbottsHertsSG12 8HNYou got pics of the car before the damage? if so take them to a small claims court to get your deposit back + more.

Bleedin hell, just googled that and it came back connected to several car sales outfits of differing names.

Only a mobile number as well, no land line.oO

Go back and smash the windows. Get your money back that way.

Joke
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions