Avoid throwing all your old copied CDs and DVDs into landfill

I've just had a clear out and I've got loads of old copied CDs and DVDs that I want to bin. Landfill guilt got the better of me though and ive found out that you can post old discs off to the address and they get turned into something new and useful. Maybe some people will have the environmental conscience to do this with their old cds too!

Polymer Reprocessors Limited
Peninsula Business Park
Reeds Lane
Moreton
Wirral, CH46 1DW

13 Comments

If you're clearing out originals...

musicmagpie.com/

i sent mine to music magpie lol

to slow ^^^^
Edited by: "vicknanth" 16th Mar 2011

I can't believe people copy CDs and DVDs.... isn't this piracy ??

I'd feel worried sending my old copied dvds, nobody should know how many of those I have!

Although after ripping them all to my server I have no need for them

its not piracy if you own the original dvd or cd and just copy it so that you have an extra copy for your own personal use........like for in the car for example

At some recycling centres they have containers for cd's,there's one near where my boyfriend lives,i'd never seen one before.

Another option is any local after school craft groups or similar, they turn them into bird scares or sun catchers etc.

Floravada

its not piracy if you own the original dvd or cd and just copy it so that … its not piracy if you own the original dvd or cd and just copy it so that you have an extra copy for your own personal use........like for in the car for example

Yes I think most of us know this, my comment was ment as a joke

Original Poster

billyoftheknight

If you're clearing out originals...http://musicmagpie.com/

Thanks for the link

What about original CDs that have been seperated from their cases!? I've got some really good albums with no cases - someone should set up a CDs reunited website!

Nice, music magpie do 10% quidco cashback too, might check it out!

How much do music magpie usually give for dvds? I've got loads at home, I might consider sending them there ( can't check any prices at the moment as I'm at work)

10% of 30p odd won't be that much! Suppose every little helps

I just checked loads of mine, looking at 30p each a CD, not alot really when you consider it, but I guess if you've got loads & they're sitting doing nothing, it does add up.....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523394
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614054
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846051
    4. What an absolute disgrace1943

See more discussions