Avoid Virgin Media

Hi all,
Avoid Virgin Media, their last tactic is they put you on a 12 months deal when you phone to negotiate a better deal without letting you know.
They gave me such a hard time and can't wait to move to another provider.
One month I was £25 in credit the following month they were chasing me for a £50 bill.
Was shocked when they said I'm on a 12 months contract and asked me to pay £10 cancellation charge.
Will never use them again.
N.

20 Comments

They All Do It

Never had a problem with them.

complaint and ask them to investigate

Banned

When they were NTL, they tried to hit me with a phone calls bill - even though I had left them. (It was only about £3 - but I have an aversion for not paying for things I haven't had!) Eventually, several months, bills and calls later they eventually agreed they had made a mistake.

2 Years after, I learn they had lodged a bad debt against me which temporarily stuffed me up on an interest free purchase I was making.

I'd never use them again either.

VM suck but there a few plus sides to their service :whistling:

strike;4019148

Whats that then?! lol

should always make sure when u take retention deals n ask does it tie me into another 12 months etc,

strike;4019148

Not in my new are there ain't! I am stuck with paying out for Sky now or sticking to lame Freeview!

All companies do it when you renegotiate for a better deal they will tie you to a new contract sky orange and t-mobile all do it

Banned

vm have always been superb in 10 years of usage

I used to get it free..............and i cancelled. Says it all. :lol:

The services I have had with them over the last 2 years have been top notch, very reliable always on Broadband.

I am paying £17.99 a month for 2MB Broadband and Talk Weekends (including line rental charge) - That was via retentions which tied me in for another 12 months, that 12 months must be coming up soon, anyone know what happens after that? - Will they continue to charge me £17.99 or will they up it and if they do will they need to let me know first?

We had so many problems with Virgin I got so mad, told them to stick their service where the sun dont shine...

Went over to sky...

Virgin had the last laugh cos sky are ?!*$% %£$"!*!!!! lol :oops:

Banned

strike;4019148

I know you do thar!!!!:w00t:

well i wouldnt leave them,doubt i could beat my current deal.
20meg BB
XL TV PACK
TALK UNLIMTED.

PAID BY DD £36 month

Devil And Deep Blue Sea

Anyone want to share their mac address, could pay you :whistling:

i like vm always offering me better deals or discounts, just moved recently had everything installed for free then i was given free wireless router, got v+ box, 2 additional boxes, broadband, free calls and phone line, extra large tv package, movie channels all for £60 a month asked sky to match it and couldnt! when my picture started to freeze they discount £20 plus they came out installed a new one and when i broke the remote i rang up saying it stopped working so they sent new one out free of charge. cant fault them.

ramiuk1;4020350

well i wouldnt leave them,doubt i could beat my current deal.20meg BBXL … well i wouldnt leave them,doubt i could beat my current deal.20meg BBXL TV PACKTALK UNLIMTED.PAID BY DD £36 month

what deal is that it sounds fantastic? is that the one that goes up to £45 after 6 months? is your line rental in that?

super fast BB for a reasonable price
i will stick with them thanks

avoid anyone using old bt copper wires is my tip.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763961
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213593
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386132
    4. Better watch out for these...912

See more discussions