Avoiding Sky Installation Fees

9 replies
Found 18th Nov 2008
Hi,

I already have Sky and want to sign up to Sky HD, however as I'm an exisiting subscriber Sky want £60 for installation. I was thinking of cancelling and reordering HD in my own name (the current subscription is in my wife's name). My local installer says Sky might notice and put a block on the new subscription, is he right?

Regards,

Jon

9 Comments

I havent heard of that happening before, probably a bit of a scare tactic on his behalf I would of thought.

Just tell them your the new tennants who are renting the place :thumbsup:

Cancel, more often than not they'll dangle the carrot in front of you so to speak (once you're put through to retentions or whatever the dept. is called now) :).

i know someone who ordered it in a completely made up name :lol: they didnt even check it out pmsl

Just got an upgrade from sky+ to HD, First called and asked for an upgrade and got quoted £150 for the HD box and £60 installation, Just told them where to go. Then called cancellations and just asked to cancel, the lady from Sky asked why i wanted to leave, I told her that the offer i got for HD was terrible and i was going to virgin ( had no intention to do this) She offered me an HD box for £99 + £30 installation, I said i was tempted but didnt want to pay for installation, She then said she would give me a £30 refund to make installation free. Then offered me a further £30 credit to my account as HD would not be fitted intil January!

Happy days!

I called them and said i wanted to leave,got a very stern woman who was wise to this trick.I then got chatting to her to soften her up and ended up with sky HD for £49 free installation and a further reduction on phone calls a month and half price Hd subscription for 6 months.All because her birthday was the same as my daughters!

If you place a new order after cancelling you can get Quidco too £35 atm

I called sky a couple of weeks ago to get HD
They said i would have to wait until Jan
Called a local company.
All up and running a couple of days later and saved about £50 - £60

Think it goes on the address and not the name, as i tried to do a similar thing using my girlfriends name but they would have it. They said i would have to cancel my subscription then wait a year as then i would be classed as a new customer and not existing and would therefore qualify for the new customer offers!

Nothing like looking after their existing customers who have be paying them for years is there?! :x

Anyway long story short............I cancelled and then kept getting letters and phone calls etc after 5 months they buckled and gave me free Sky + and free installation and i pay £17 a month for 2 viewing packages

steevieboy4u;3494000

Think it goes on the address and not the name

It can't go on the address of they wouldn't install to rented accomodation until it had been vacant for a year - which is mad!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…3973
    2. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 192 ***215

See more discussions