Avoiding the adds on the desktop client for the Spotify free account

Found 14th Aug 2017
I took up the 3 years free promo for Groove music so I'm sorted for offline listening on my phone, but I still tend to use Spotify on my pc.

Using the desktop client, the ads are super frequent, long, intrusive and repetitive and were driving me mad. I couldn't get it to play through the browser only but then worked out that if I had the desktop client open I could leave it in the background and use the browser based version and, "ta da!" the extensions I use on chrome appear to have shut down the ads! Either that or they just don't play through the browser? Either way, I can listen without all those bloody ads!

I currently run;
Flashcontrol
AdBlock
Disable HTML 5

Not sure if this will be of use to anyone but it's dead handy for me so I thought I'd stick it up on here!
Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
can research do the same with youtube, never get ads, I have no morales
I just paid the £5 per month to get rid of them.
Stopped using them ages ago because of adverts on my tablet, i just use tune in instead
Retro891 h, 24 m ago

I just paid the £5 per month to get rid of them.

I'm paying £10 : o

Was it an offer for X amount of months?
Thanks ill give it ago on Spotify and YouTube
simonturner691 h, 12 m ago

I'm paying £10 : oWas it an offer for X amount of months?

There's a £5 per month option that they hide, get's rid of adverts but you can only listen ad-free on PC.
Retro8923 m ago

There's a £5 per month option that they hide, get's rid of adverts but you …There's a £5 per month option that they hide, get's rid of adverts but you can only listen ad-free on PC.

Looks like I've saved myself £60 a year then - result.

£5 a month just to remove ads is ludicrous when you an get the full subscription from £5 with a student card, which you can get easily if you look at the threads on here. I've had one for the last 2 years which I used for 2 6 month trials for Amazon prime, student only prices on flights, cheap bus/train tickets....
woldranger6 m ago

Looks like I've saved myself £60 a year then - result. £5 a month just to r …Looks like I've saved myself £60 a year then - result. £5 a month just to remove ads is ludicrous when you an get the full subscription from £5 with a student card, which you can get easily if you look at the threads on here. I've had one for the last 2 years which I used for 2 6 month trials for Amazon prime, student only prices on flights, cheap bus/train tickets....

Is that a NUS card or something else?
Retro893 m ago

Is that a NUS card or something else?

Yeah
woldranger46 s ago

Yeah

Ok thanks, will look it up.
Retro8911 m ago

Ok thanks, will look it up.

There's a shed load of threads linking free or super cheap online courses that legitimately get you an NUS card.
Even if you dont go for it, at least try this option - it's 2 mins!
Try spotify beta
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants