AVS Video Converter for PC - Now Free To Download

Posted 26th Jan
AVS Video Converter is a great program to encode video, or to copy video from DVDs.

avs4you.com/avs…spx

Supporting all popular video formats and codecs, this software is now available as a free download directly from the AVS website.

Convert All Key Video Formats
Encode HD Video (inc. AVCHD, TS, TOD, AVI HD, M2TS, etc.), AVI, MP4, WMV, Blu-ray, 3GP, DVD, VOB, MPEG, H.263/H.264 codecs, DVR-MS, MKV, FLV, etc. with AVS Free Video Converter. See a full list of supported video formats

Manage HD-Camera Videos
Convert AVCHD, MPEG-2 HD, AVI HD, TOD/MOD, M2TS/MTS, etc. Edit HD-videos, add menus, subtitles, etc. and convert them to any video format supported by AVS Free Video Converter. Burn DVD/Blu-ray discs.

Speed up video conversion with GPU
Use hardware acceleration for video decoding by means of video cards (GPU): Intel HD Graphics (Intel® Quick Sync Video technology) or NVIDIA® GeForce® (NVIDIA CUDA® platform). It is available for H.264/AVC, VC-1, MPEG-2 codecs. These technologies help to playback and convert Full HD video with a large bitrate or 2K QHD and 4K UHD faster.

Convert Video for Various Devices
AVS Free Video Converter includes ready presets to convert video for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Samsung, Android tablets, Sony PSP, Amazon Kindle, smartphones, portable media players, etc. See a full list of supported devices

Presets for New Generation Devices
Convert your video to play it on Apple iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7, Apple iPad 2019/2018, Pro, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7, Galaxy Note 10/9/8, Galaxy Tab S6/S5e, Samsung Galaxy A series, Samsung UHD/SUHD TV, Sony PlayStation 4 Pro (PS4 Pro), Sony PlayStation Vita (PS Vita), Microsoft Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Sony Xperia 1/XZ3/XZ2/XZ1, XZ2/XZ1 Compact. Convert 2K QHD, 4K UHD and DCI 4K video using ultra new presets and enjoy high quality video playback on powerful smartphones, phablets, tablets and smart TV.

Create Personal DVD/Blu-ray Videos
Convert from/to Blu-ray or DVD formats. Cut, apply effects, add colorful DVD/Blu-ray menus. Split your movie into chapters and burn DVD/Blu-ray discs with AVS Free Video Converter.

All key formats are supported:

Read: MP4 (inc. Apple iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones and tablets, Samsung Galaxy and Sony PlayStation), HD Video (inc. Blu-ray video, AVCHD, MPEG-2 HD and WMV HD), H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), H.263, AVI (DivX, Xvid, etc.), QuickTime (MOV, QT), MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, DVD, VOB, WebM, VP8, VP9, DV AVI, WMV, 3GP, 3G2, VRO, TOD, MOD, MPG, DAT, VCD, SVCD, Real Video (RM, RMVB), ASF, ASX, MJPEG, DVR-MS, MKV, OGM, FLV, F4V, AMV, MTV, TS, M2TS, M2T, MTS, DPG, NSV, FLI, FLC, CDG, PPT, PPTX, GVI, SVI, TRP, GIF, WTV.

Write: MP4 (inc., Apple iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones and tablets, Samsung Galaxy and Sony PlayStation), HD Video (inc. Blu-ray video, MPEG-2 HD and WMV HD), H.263, H.264 (AVC), AVI (DivX, Xvid, etc.), M4V, QuickTime (MOV, QT), SWF, FLV, F4V, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, DVD, MPG, MJPEG, WEBM, VP8, WMV, 3GP, 3G2, MKV, MPEG1 DPG, AMV, MTV, GIF, M2TS, Real Video (RM).
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Any cheaper than free ???
Any better than Handbrake?
unclecuddles27/01/2020 00:11

Just tried trimming a video - it overlays a watermark if you edit the …Just tried trimming a video - it overlays a watermark if you edit the video in any way. By the full version to avoid

So it's not really free - they are just downbaiting you. And as it's not open source it's hard to discover if it's doing anything naughty. Plus it's restricted to Windows though good to know it supports XP even if Microsoft don't!

I'm struggling to find any reason not to choose the better known, proven and really free Handbrake.
19 Comments
Nice
Any better than Format Factory
Any better than XMedia Recode?
Any cheaper than free ???
I've not tried any of the other software mentioned above, but I use this for my encoding and am happy with it.

I've used it for ripping home movies of my family recorded to DVD into .avi with good results.
Genuine question though. MKV Maker plus Handbrake backs up my blurays to MP4 at best quality, but takes a long long time. Obviously depends on the hardware your using, but WinX DVD Ripper (also occasionally free) is quicker but less flexible and not quite as good quality.

I’ll download this and give it a go.
Thanks bud have some heat
Is it really free or does it overlay a watermark?
liamf1226/01/2020 23:48

Is it really free or does it overlay a watermark?

Just tried trimming a video - it overlays a watermark if you edit the video in any way. By the full version to avoid
unclecuddles27/01/2020 00:11

Just tried trimming a video - it overlays a watermark if you edit the …Just tried trimming a video - it overlays a watermark if you edit the video in any way. By the full version to avoid

So it's not really free - they are just downbaiting you. And as it's not open source it's hard to discover if it's doing anything naughty. Plus it's restricted to Windows though good to know it supports XP even if Microsoft don't!

I'm struggling to find any reason not to choose the better known, proven and really free Handbrake.
Staxrip works really well for after using makemkv for the file and then use it to make the file smaller pretty good quality too.
Edited by: "dragon97" 27th Jan
Danielle7127/01/2020 06:30

Very much doubt it

First time user and converter here. Want to back up some DVD's I have. Handbrake good to use?
unclecuddles26/01/2020 22:15

Handbrake can't encode to DVD format files? However this is a watermark version, has always been free but you need to pay to remove the watermark.
Edited by: "robertr" 27th Jan
cfbc27/01/2020 08:17

First time user and converter here. Want to back up some DVD's I have. …First time user and converter here. Want to back up some DVD's I have. Handbrake good to use?

Yeah Handbrake will be fine however if he disc in quetion contains protection (CSS) you will need something like libdvdcss installed for it to work.
cfbc27/01/2020 08:17

First time user and converter here. Want to back up some DVD's I have. …First time user and converter here. Want to back up some DVD's I have. Handbrake good to use?

MakeMKV is free and can convert a DVD or Blu Ray to high quality MKV. But if you want to reduce the file size then that is where Handbrake comes to the fore. Doesn’t work if you want to retain menus though.Keep an eye out for when WinX DVD Ripper is free as this is an all in one ripper and converter or exact copy solution, and it’s fast.
NCH software installer ends up putting loads of crap on your system, so be careful when installing.
I'll stick to VLC and Handbrake
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants