Awful behaviour by drivers - hit and run - Tulse Hill

Found 12th Dec 2017Edited by:"davewave"
A woman killed in a hit-and-run in south London was "just left to die".

The 29-year-old from Wandsworth, was hit by four vehicles on a pedestrian crossing on South Circular Road at 06:48 GMT on Monday. None of the drivers stopped, police said.

Navin Bagan, 37, who works at the nearby Tulse Hill cafe, added the drivers were "heartless".

One resident said the road layout "encourages dangerous driving" and has written to an MP to urge for change.

The woman was hit by two lorries and two cars. She has not yet been formally identified but her next of kin have been informed.

Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
bbc.co.uk/new…526

i hope they find the drivers on cctv and hold them responsible...just despicable.
Disgusting.

Courtesy on the roads has gone out the window, especially in London.
Seems to have gotten worse in line with the increase in foreign drivers in London and their less than sterling approach to our highway code.

This includes not using indicators, cutting up other drivers, jumping lights, not stopping at pedestrian crossings, using the wrong lanes at roundabouts or when at junctions etc

May be on the increase nationally, but it's bloody well noticeable in London, and it's often foreign drivers in my experience.
Edited by: "Uranus" 12th Dec 2017
I was just reading about this and found it mind boggling that not 1 but 4 vehicles hit her and all 4 carried on driving. Had even one of them stopped that young lady may still be alive. Absolutely disgusting behaviour they should all go to jail.
28 Comments
bbc.co.uk/new…526

i hope they find the drivers on cctv and hold them responsible...just despicable.
That is very tragic, How can you just drive off, Unbelievable :(.
"The 29-year-old from Wandsworth was hit by four vehicles on a pedestrian crossing on South Circular Road at 06:48 GMT on Monday. None of the drivers stopped, police said..."

"...Mr Umunna is the local MP for Streatham, not Dulwich & West Norwood where the crash happened...."

A crash as well!
fanpages5 m ago

"The 29-year-old from Wandsworth was hit by four vehicles on a pedestrian …"The 29-year-old from Wandsworth was hit by four vehicles on a pedestrian crossing on South Circular Road at 06:48 GMT on Monday. None of the drivers stopped, police said...""...Mr Umunna is the local MP for Streatham, not Dulwich & West Norwood where the crash happened...."A crash as well!

I hope Chucka is following up on this, he seems like a decent and intelligent bloke.
This part on the SC is pretty bad as mentioned in the news stories.

It seems to me hit and runs are up again. Just the other day the BBC had a video showing a 90 yr old women almost take out a kid as she did not stop at the crossing.

Over the last few years, "you lot" the common motorist, (you know what I mean :D) has wanted less parking tickets, less speed cameras etc. less heavy fines etc. but people have taken less common sense and care on the roads.

The only real thing is in the motorists favour, for them its safer now then it has ever been so they push the limits with more driver aids, actual driving and attention diminishes until your at that point; oh I hit someone, well forget I'm outta here.

Edited by: "groenleader" 12th Dec 2017
groenleader4 m ago

This part on the SC is pretty bad as mentioned in the news stories. It …This part on the SC is pretty bad as mentioned in the news stories. It seems to me hit and runs are up again. Just the other day the BBC had a video showing a 90 yr old women almost take out a kid as she did not stop at the crossing. Over the last few years, "you lot" the common motorist, (you know what I mean :D) has wanted less parking tickets, less speed cameras etc. less heavy fines etc. but people have taken less common sense and care on the roads.The only real thing is in the motorists favour, for them its safer now then it has ever been so they push the limits with more driver aids, actual driving and attention diminishes until your at that point; oh I hit someone, well forget I'm outta here.

I agree - need more CCTV and fines to catch the culprits.
I recently had to deal with a cat that had been hit and run and left in the road, this affected me greatly though I suspect a lot of people aren't decent humans out there and think it's only a cat. But I can't believe these same people would hit a woman and leave her, what is wrong with people? You don't deserve to be in a car if you can't stop and man up. Idiots
I was just reading about this and found it mind boggling that not 1 but 4 vehicles hit her and all 4 carried on driving. Had even one of them stopped that young lady may still be alive. Absolutely disgusting behaviour they should all go to jail.
"awful behaviour" is someone farting inside a car full of people, what they have done is abhorrent.
MIDURIX15 m ago

"awful behaviour" is someone farting inside a car full of people, what …"awful behaviour" is someone farting inside a car full of people, what they have done is abhorrent.

Agreed i do this all the time causes anarchy. The farting that is not the hit and run lol. I assume the lorry drivers would have known they hit someone? Ive heard it can be easy to hit someone in a lorry or bus and genuinely not know. No excuse for a car though.

I
Disgusting.

Courtesy on the roads has gone out the window, especially in London.
Seems to have gotten worse in line with the increase in foreign drivers in London and their less than sterling approach to our highway code.

This includes not using indicators, cutting up other drivers, jumping lights, not stopping at pedestrian crossings, using the wrong lanes at roundabouts or when at junctions etc

May be on the increase nationally, but it's bloody well noticeable in London, and it's often foreign drivers in my experience.
Edited by: "Uranus" 12th Dec 2017
123batman3214 m ago

Agreed i do this all the time causes anarchy. The farting that is not the …Agreed i do this all the time causes anarchy. The farting that is not the hit and run lol. I assume the lorry drivers would have known they hit someone? Ive heard it can be easy to hit someone in a lorry or bus and genuinely not know. No excuse for a car though. I

I live in the countryside and sometimes it is impossible to not hit an animal without driving the car off the road and into a ditch and I can tell you that every animal I have hit has made a noise you most certainly could not miss. I do realise I may have hit an animal and not see or heard it though.
Uranus12th Dec 2017

Disgusting.Courtesy on the roads has gone out the window, especially in …Disgusting.Courtesy on the roads has gone out the window, especially in London.Seems to have gotten worse in line with the increase in foreign drivers in London and their less than sterling approach to our highway code.This includes not using indicators, cutting up other drivers, jumping lights, not stopping at pedestrian crossings, using the wrong lanes at roundabouts or when at junctions etcMay be on the increase nationally, but it's bloody well noticeable in London, and it's often foreign drivers in my experience.

You are not alone. I notice it as well. It's all EEuropean drivers from my experience.
MIDURIX10 m ago

I live in the countryside and sometimes it is impossible to not hit an …I live in the countryside and sometimes it is impossible to not hit an animal without driving the car off the road and into a ditch and I can tell you that every animal I have hit has made a noise you most certainly could not miss. I do realise I may have hit an animal and not see or heard it though.

Deer are by far the worst. Its sometimes like they wait on you coming and throw themselves out deliberately.
MIDURIX17 m ago

I live in the countryside and sometimes it is impossible to not hit an …I live in the countryside and sometimes it is impossible to not hit an animal without driving the car off the road and into a ditch and I can tell you that every animal I have hit has made a noise you most certainly could not miss. I do realise I may have hit an animal and not see or heard it though.

If traffic drove a little slower in the countryside then animals would stand a better chance and you also might avoid it. Some people don't care about hares or wildlife so long as they are all warm and cozy in their little bubble and get home on time.
Uranus12th Dec 2017

This includes not using indicators, cutting up other drivers, jumping …This includes not using indicators, cutting up other drivers, jumping lights, not stopping at pedestrian crossings, using the wrong lanes at roundabouts or when at junctions etc

I think what you've described there is commonly known as an Audi driver.
airfix6 m ago

If traffic drove a little slower in the countryside then animals would …If traffic drove a little slower in the countryside then animals would stand a better chance and you also might avoid it. Some people don't care about hares or wildlife so long as they are all warm and cozy in their little bubble and get home on time.

In my experience if traffic in the countryside moved a little slower it would be stationary. In all seriousness though sometimes it isn't worth slamming on your brakes after a blind bend or swerving wildly to avoid an animal when you could very easily be killed. I don't really think speed has much to do with it, a bunny doesn't pick to jump out right in front of a 60mph car over a 35mph one.
MIDURIX5 m ago

In my experience if traffic in the countryside moved a little slower it …In my experience if traffic in the countryside moved a little slower it would be stationary. In all seriousness though sometimes it isn't worth slamming on your brakes after a blind bend or swerving wildly to avoid an animal when you could very easily be killed. I don't really think speed has much to do with it, a bunny doesn't pick to jump out right in front of a 60mph car over a 35mph one.

Well around here the drivers are maniacs, especially on country lanes. I often drive on heath roads but take it steady because animals tend to pop out, I have avoided many by not driving fast, but some people aren't bothered about leaving an animal in agony to die. I do care.
This reminds me of the toddler who was run over twice and repeatedly ignored.

huffingtonpost.ca/201…tml
Uranus12th Dec 2017

Disgusting.Courtesy on the roads has gone out the window, especially in …Disgusting.Courtesy on the roads has gone out the window, especially in London.Seems to have gotten worse in line with the increase in foreign drivers in London and their less than sterling approach to our highway code.This includes not using indicators, cutting up other drivers, jumping lights, not stopping at pedestrian crossings, using the wrong lanes at roundabouts or when at junctions etcMay be on the increase nationally, but it's bloody well noticeable in London, and it's often foreign drivers in my experience.

I was in London a fair few times around June and I refused to drive my car down because there's no way in hell I would drive in London.

I have been driving 16 years, have driven from Glasgow to Windsor twice now with no issues at all, I'm a very confident driver but I just wouldn't drive in London if you paid me. I used Addison Lee cab company most of the times I was there and at one point I thought this is it; we're dead and that was the guy driving us!! There is no observation of the rules of the road, no common courtesy for the fellow driver and I have no idea how cyclist aren't killed hourly
One more positive to having automated cars.

The sooner the better, far too many idiot drivers on the roads
118luke6 h, 39 m ago

One more positive to having automated cars. The sooner the better, far too …One more positive to having automated cars. The sooner the better, far too many idiot drivers on the roads

Unless people 'root' their cars.
Mandz278 h, 40 m ago

I was in London a fair few times around June and I refused to drive my car …I was in London a fair few times around June and I refused to drive my car down because there's no way in hell I would drive in London.I have been driving 16 years, have driven from Glasgow to Windsor twice now with no issues at all, I'm a very confident driver but I just wouldn't drive in London if you paid me. I used Addison Lee cab company most of the times I was there and at one point I thought this is it; we're dead and that was the guy driving us!! There is no observation of the rules of the road, no common courtesy for the fellow driver and I have no idea how cyclist aren't killed hourly

You've not sat in a taxi in Mumbai at rush hour with a peed off driver then you'll know what your life flashing before your eyes is really like.
I live in London am not an overly confident driver but I can get about but I would never happily drive in the city because roads are poorly signed and structured it's quite difficult navigating unless you do it on a daily basis. Outer boroughs are much easier to drive in and nowhere near as scary. My hubby on the other hand doesn't have my fear of driving in unknown places and has driven all over the place as have all my brothers so I just put it down as a girl thing.
I refuse to drive in Birmingham the only other city I frequent as I find the drivers there seem to have their own rules for giveways and roundabouts and block keep clears etc. So what others think of london I think of Birmingham
adhkarzf52 m ago

You've not sat in a taxi in Mumbai at rush hour with a peed off driver … You've not sat in a taxi in Mumbai at rush hour with a peed off driver then you'll know what your life flashing before your eyes is really like. I live in London am not an overly confident driver but I can get about but I would never happily drive in the city because roads are poorly signed and structured it's quite difficult navigating unless you do it on a daily basis. Outer boroughs are much easier to drive in and nowhere near as scary. My hubby on the other hand doesn't have my fear of driving in unknown places and has driven all over the place as have all my brothers so I just put it down as a girl thing. I refuse to drive in Birmingham the only other city I frequent as I find the drivers there seem to have their own rules for giveways and roundabouts and block keep clears etc. So what others think of london I think of Birmingham

I have and rush hour in Mumbai is standstill.
UK becoming more like China by the day. Usually when I see stories like this on Liveleak it's from that careless, cold country.
Coolcatcarter882 m ago

UK becoming more like China by the day. Usually when I see stories like …UK becoming more like China by the day. Usually when I see stories like this on Liveleak it's from that careless, cold country.

Yes and No
Passed my test 8 years ago. Other drivers are getting worse by the year to the point where if it was like this back then I probably wouldn't have bothered learning.

Its ironic people will spend tens of thousands of pounds, go into debt, on nice cars and drive them like they can't wait to get home and get out of them!
Surely you would notice if you ran someone over, I certainly noticed when I hit a pheasant, hell of a bang, then two bumps as they car went over.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants