Groups

Awww - Shoaib Akhtar calls it a day

mod
    I'm not a Pakistan cricket fan but I am a cricket fan and have enjoyed many a match watching this dude bowl against England and with a few Pakistani mates against other nations.

I'm actually really sorry to see him retire; a proper good cricketer and a proper good personality.

He looked genuinly gutted to be retiring when I saw him on SSN. His farewell speach read:-

"With this announcement it feels like it’s my first death. I have taken this decision after much thought. Pakistan’s last match in this World Cup will also be my last. I hope that will be the final on April 2. I would have loved to continue, perhaps forever, but I must make way for the youngsters to take over,”

“In my entire career of 18 years, I have had many defeats but countless victories. I am proud that the label of the fastest bowler on the planet was associated with Pakistan. I have no regrets. I made lots of friends but some people have misunderstood me. I thank all the players who played with me and against me. It was an honour to have played with Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis,I know a lot of people will remember me as a controversial person, but I never trod on a wrong path,”

Thanks for entertaining me these lat 20 years or so Shoaib

9 Comments

Thanks for entertaining me these lat 20 years or som Shoaib

Andy, I doubt he is a member on here....

Brilliant bowler and gave a thrill whilst watching him.

in b4 comments about cheats, drugs etc
    Edited by: "MarzBarz" 17th Mar 2011

Original Poster mod

cw9652

Andy, I doubt he is a member on here....

Made me LOL

had his errrrrr lets say dodgy moments but was certainly entertaining to watch,sad to see a genuine fast bowler go as they are a dying breed.

Great bowler, Pakistan don't have a replacement for him.

He was great to watch when he burst on the scene. Batsmen were surprised at the pace.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view3/1961432/shoaib-akhtar-a.gif

quality strike bowler.

Lets hope his last game is on 2nd April. With the cup in his hand.

Andy i never knew you follow cricket!! Awesome!!

Banned

So is he one of the Pakistani cricketers that was caught cheating?

Banned

not a bad time to retire being a Pakistani cricketer.

probably better doing it a year or 2 ago tho
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions