AXA MOTOR BREAKDOWN £35.50 INC N/WIDE RECOVERY & HOME START

3 replies
Found 29th Oct 2010
Cheap breakdown cover inc home start, nationwide recovery, onward travel, emegrency hire car, overnight accomodation.
fleet of 4,000.
You need to go through gocompare for this deal otherwise works out £79.99 for the same level of cover. obviously they only want to be competitive when comparing next to others!

cheap compared to rac and aa

3 Comments

Original Poster

RAC EQUIVALENT - £128
AA £141
Ok like anything you will never get like for like cover but this is cheap.
no excess and some good reviews on the net.

Banned

should this not be in deals?

Hi,
I've had big problems with this insurance and they refuse to do what it says in black and white in the policy and try add words into the policy that aren't there. In a nutshell my motorbike broke down and was take to a local garage. The local garage cannot fix the motorbike and it has to be taken to a dealer to repair.
Which they refuse to do, even though their policy says if the local garage cannot fix it they will transport it to my destination.
They say cause I chose the local garage that was the destination and in the policy local garage only means garage within 15 miles of the bike.
And try to weasel out of it even though I have the PLUS cover.

This is the policy in black and white:
Rescue, Motorcycle Breakdown Cover providing roadside assistance and recovery to a local garage wherever you happen to breakdown in the UK.
Rescue Nationwide, Up to an hour's roadside assistance and recovery with the added benefit that this Motorcycle Breakdown Cover will take you to your destination, or back home anywhere in the UK if your bike can't be fixed the same day.

I do not understand how they can refuse what's in the policy and then ask me to pay for a recovery!! Thats cheap. I said if I were stuck in germany and taken to a local garage would they refuse to take the bike back to the UK, they said thats different!! The manager, Stephen Lavin (01737 815023), there says different breakdowns mean different recoveries and expects me to be a mechanic. They say you should know first if the local garage can fix my bike and generally saying whatever to get out of it - thats probably his job

Even spoke to their complaints department and they said if the local garage could not fix it why didn't you get it transport to a garage that can - I said that's what I'm trying to do and lodged a complaint.

When you need you recovery service they turn out to be a hassle service, and the only option is to take your case to financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604806
    2. UNDERTALE PS4 / PS Vita / PC Physical Editions (Exclusive to Fangamer)11
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247623
    4. word association Game74244907

See more discussions