Axminster - Any deals to be found here?

I'm travelling to Axminster right now to visit family for a few day, sitting at London Waterloo waiting for my train.

If anyone has read any of my other comments you will know I am travelling to NZ soon and filling up suitcases with bargain.. mainly clothes, shoes... and chocolate oranges.

I'll be in Axminster soon and looking at Google maps it doesn't look as though there are any retails shops akin to my bargain hunting needs.. there doesn't even seem to be a Tesco or Boots there!?!

Am I missing something? Can anyone give me any recommendations or advice on where to find some deals? (Doesn't necessarily need to be a deal but I wouldn't expect anything less from HUKD members!).

...oh, before anyone suggests a nice carpet I'm afraid my baggage allowance won't allow it!

15 Comments

There is a Tesco very close to the train station in Axminster and a Boots in the town.

Original Poster

mikeluxy

There is a Tesco very close to the train station in Axminster and a Boots … There is a Tesco very close to the train station in Axminster and a Boots in the town.

Ahh.. that is good to hear, thank you. For some odd reason google maps never showed them. What are the chances there are more hidden shops that I don't see.. I really need to pickup a few pairs of jeans.. although I don't think the difficult part is finding shops that sell jeans but finding jeans that are not skinny! oO

axminster is known for its carpets and rugs, there is a factory shop there as far as i know

Original Poster

qwerty212

axminster is known for its carpets and rugs, there is a factory shop … axminster is known for its carpets and rugs, there is a factory shop there as far as i know

they sell jeans in this factory shop?

qwerty212

axminster is known for its carpets and rugs, there is a factory shop … axminster is known for its carpets and rugs, there is a factory shop there as far as i know

I live close by and don't know of a Factory shop in Axminster.

Only place I can think of in Axminster to buy Jeans would be trinityhouseaxminster.co.uk/. But might be a bit pricey!!

cooliomoolio

they sell jeans in this factory shop?

no

why would you go to axminster for jeans

that would be like going to scotland to buy a cornish pasty

mikeluxy

Only place I can think of in Axminster to buy Jeans would be … Only place I can think of in Axminster to buy Jeans would be http://www.trinityhouseaxminster.co.uk/. But might be a bit pricey!!

You could always take the train down to Exeter only takes about 35 mins.

Original Poster

qwerty212

nowhy would you go to axminster for jeansthat would be like going to … nowhy would you go to axminster for jeansthat would be like going to scotland to buy a cornish pasty

Edinburgh and Glasgow train stations both house the Cornish Pasty Company!

cooliomoolio

Edinburgh and Glasgow train stations both house the Cornish Pasty … Edinburgh and Glasgow train stations both house the Cornish Pasty Company!

i see you are determined to be right all the time

qwerty212

http://www.axminstershop.co.uk/clearance

That is actually the carpet factory shop!

Original Poster

qwerty212

i see you are determined to be right all the time

(_;) I can't help it if that is the case.. joking aside though, as per my original post I wasn't interested in carpets and that is all you seem to have added to this thread (oh, and Cornish pasties). I appreciate you trying and welcome any useful feedback around what I was originally looking for, wasn't trying to be smart but just think you perhaps never read my post fully.

cooliomoolio

(_;) I can't help it if that is the case.. joking aside though, as per my … (_;) I can't help it if that is the case.. joking aside though, as per my original post I wasn't interested in carpets and that is all you seem to have added to this thread (oh, and Cornish pasties). I appreciate you trying and welcome any useful feedback around what I was originally looking for, wasn't trying to be smart but just think you perhaps never read my post fully.

i didn't, by the time i'd gone back and read it was too late
Edited by: "qwerty212" 27th Dec 2016

mikeluxy

That is actually the carpet factory shop!

if you google axminster factory shop it comes up on google maps, never actually been like but was told about it by a carpet fitter friend of mine, i'm sure they have a few spare rugs as well

i was only trying to be helpful
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ditched Sky1214
    2. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
    3. Biscuit addiction1231
    4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325

See more discussions