BA degree to ACA qualified?

Found 20th Sep 2010
Hi hope everyone is well here. I want to be ACA qualified and currently have a BA in accountancy. Does anyone know the best route to go about this?

Thanks in advance.

5 Comments

I guess you just go to a college like Kaplan or BPP and you will be exempt from some exams. Thats what I did for CIMA.

Have a look on ACA website which should give you the exemptions..

Didn't you look into that before doing the degree?

Anyhoo, I assume this is a professional accreditation, so you normally have to get a job at a firm willing to put you through it.

To become a qualified accountant, the general route is to join a … To become a qualified accountant, the general route is to join a professional accountancy body and to pass their professional examinations. In the UK there are lots of different professional bodies, each awarding different qualifications.The professional bodies include The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS) and The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI).The ICAEWs qualification; The ACA (Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) is recognised by a huge and diverse spread of organisations – from the biggest professional services firms and major multinationals, through small and medium-sized businesses, to all kinds of public sector bodies. This diversity of recognition means that the ACA has an unrivalled reputation.

ACA

Original Poster

How long did that take for you?

Wheezy

I guess you just go to a college like Kaplan or BPP and you will be … I guess you just go to a college like Kaplan or BPP and you will be exempt from some exams. Thats what I did for CIMA.Have a look on ACA website which should give you the exemptions..

To become a qualified accountant, the general route is to join a … To become a qualified accountant, the general route is to join a professional accountancy body and to pass their professional examinations. In the UK there are lots of different professional bodies, each awarding different qualifications.The professional bodies include The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS) and The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI).The ICAEWs qualification; The ACA (Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) is recognised by a huge and diverse spread of organisations – from the biggest professional services firms and major multinationals, through small and medium-sized businesses, to all kinds of public sector bodies. This diversity of recognition means that the ACA has an unrivalled reputation.

No I didnt, but have now decided to follow it through. Finding it difficult at the moment for a firm to take me on as I have no work experience. Also, Im confused between the ACA and ACCA?

ele-font

How long did that take for you?No I didnt, but have now decided to follow … How long did that take for you?No I didnt, but have now decided to follow it through. Finding it difficult at the moment for a firm to take me on as I have no work experience. Also, Im confused between the ACA and ACCA?

It's just a different professional accreditation body, from the text above, they seem to hold more credibility.

It took me 2 and a half years but I had sone AAT previous, so I had some exemptions.

Degree students always find it difficult to get work, as no experience. You may have to go in al a low salary, but you should increase quite quickly as you get the experience.
Post a comment
@
    Text