Baby Belling miniature cooker. Practical? Efficient? Or old, bad tech?

Found 10th Jul
Hi all,
Moving into a pokey flat with no gas. Plan to cook batches and freeze so the cooker space would receive a proper fridge freezer (other spaces only go to worktop height).

So microwave definitely.

Someone mentined Baby Belling... Appears to be a small oven plus pair of electric hobs.

Anyone have experience with these?

And CAN IT TOAST BREAD as efficiently as a toaster?

Community Updates
9 Comments
I'm seeing a number of similar alts to Baby Belling... Hoping there's a particular one that stands out as best-buy...
HI
I have had these in the past and found them ok,they are well made and easy to clean and maintain,as for toast i would go for a toaster as the elements take a good while to get to the right temp.
I would go for a separate double hob and a halogen oven. Double hob. Halogen oven
mrty2 h, 6 m ago

I would go for a separate double hob and a halogen oven. Double hob. …I would go for a separate double hob and a halogen oven. Double hob. Halogen oven

I do like separate tools, dedicated to their particular job... The oven looks a bit inflexible though... maybe just my lack of imagination at this time of night...

Cheaper tho!

!!!!!!! Just noticed this comment so better watch out... +1 for dedicated purpose tools!
"The smaller belling is good but if you use the oven you can only use one hot plate"

!!!!!! Argos has "Cookworks 28L Mini Oven with Hobby" which looks like a clone of the Baby Belling... Page 9 of the PDF linked on page below confirms only the LEFT hob can be used at same time as oven...

Not sure that's a stopper, particularly if I had a microwave too...

argos.co.uk/pro…BwE

!!!! Sry to gank this with edits but MAYBE found why the restriction on hobs and oven at same time... Belling 321r CAN use all at same time but needs installing, not just plugging in to a socket.
Edited by: "wide" 10th Jul
moulican1 h, 45 m ago

HII have had these in the past and found them ok,they are well made and …HII have had these in the past and found them ok,they are well made and easy to clean and maintain,as for toast i would go for a toaster as the elements take a good while to get to the right temp.

Good call re toast
This looks a good alternative , and the price is good !argos.co.uk/pro…726
Halogen come is great. Think how much space you beat to cook a roast, and how much space your roast actually takes. A lot of space heated for nothing. The halogen cooker is versatile too. We use it more than our large fan cooker now. Quicker to cook things too.
mrty10th Jul

Halogen come is great.

Salty.
wide55 s ago

Salty.

Oops.. Typo. Halogen oven....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants