Groups

baby /child car seat advice please

does anyone know if there are any car seats that are safe and secure using just a lapbelt please?

17 Comments

Do you mean seatbelt or just the middle seat belt??? . I've only ever used a seat belt with my maxi cosi cabrio fix then bebe en confort tt when my son got older.

Wouldnt imaginge the lap only belt would be safe with any.

Edited by: "nefertiti6969" 21st Feb 2011

i think britax first class? it has a metal frame. Im guessing you mean a toddler seat?

i think im wrong..not sure
    looks like maxi cosi priori can be

Edited by: "plumberman01" 21st Feb 2011

Original Poster

sorry i mean using the middle seat using just the lap belt,my son is 10 months but wanted something that would last a few years and is safe
    thanks

Mod & Ed

if its the middle seat belt ( lap belt ) I think the britax prince range can be used, I know the one I have can be used in the middle seat think thats a prince felix or alex

edjaned

sorry i mean using the middle seat using just the lap belt,my son is 10 … sorry i mean using the middle seat using just the lap belt,my son is 10 months but wanted something that would last a few years and is safethanks

yes i know...i can see chat on mumsnet etc says britax eclipse too. I would call mothercare or halfords and ask.

Mod & Ed

just double checked and yes the britax prince range does, heres what it says on amazon
    Technical Details
    3 recline positions help to ensure a comfortable journey
    Slim base for a better fit in modern sculpted seats
    Lightweight for easy transfer between cars
    5-point one pull harness for easy adjustment before every journey
    Installs with lap and diagonal or lap only belt

I've got one for my 16 mth old, shes been using it since 9 mths and I fully intend to get exactly the same for the 6 mth old when shes old enough, bought mine from halfords as they fit it for you and show you how to do it, they were very patient too!

Original Poster

thanks for advice i have bought a britax eclipse
    does anyone know if any of the seats for an older child (3 yrs) can be used with lap belt?

edjaned

thanks for advice i have bought a britax eclipse :)does anyone know if … thanks for advice i have bought a britax eclipse :)does anyone know if any of the seats for an older child (3 yrs) can be used with lap belt?

i wouldnt have thought so as they dont have a metal frame..just plastic or polystyrene. If you google maybe you will find it?
    Or just buy a multipla like we have perfect for lots of kids!

Original Poster

we need all 8 seats i think multipla are just for 6?
    been googling but not having much like finding a stage 2 car seat

can get a few booster cushions that say can be used with lap belt but nothing high backed as we have the same problem, i used a britax eclipse while youngest would fit in but now i have a 4yr old, 5yr old and 6 yr old to try and and safely fit in the back of my car with only 2 5-point belts and a lap belt.

edjaned

we need all 8 seats i think multipla are just for 6?been googling but not … we need all 8 seats i think multipla are just for 6?been googling but not having much like finding a stage 2 car seat

well a 5point can be fitted? i had cars that didnt have seatbelts (yeh yeh im that old!) and i used to get 2 seatbelts fitted at halfords and then when i had 3 little ones i had a carseat restraint fitted. Worth asking at halfords tbh..they helped me no end. What car have you got hun?

Original Poster

ive got a toyota estima may pop into halfords and ask thanks

can you sit the seat with the lap belt backwards? would be safer i think..

also hun call your local council road safety? they were fab with me with my last son. Free teddy too lol

omg have you got 2 seats with lapbelts??

Original Poster

yes i can turn seats to face backwards but the problem then is all 3 seats have to use lap belts only
    but if they are all forward facing the 2 end seats have shoulder belts
    and yes i have 2 lapbelts one in each centre of row of seats
    im not sure where is best to seat all the kids so thought if there are some car seats that are a secure fit and safe it would be safer to use the lap belts on the car seats rather than let my teens use the lap belts

hmm well you sorted one with the eclipse..will have another look for you if i can find anything..im really fussy about carseats and would prefer 3 point for your teens too if you can..

looked at bitax fitfinder and it doesnt even show you car! i used toyota previa and with lapbelt says no seats suitable..
    Edited by: "plumberman01" 22nd Feb 2011

Original Poster

yeah i would rather not use lapbelts at all but thats what we have got and cant afford to buy a newer car
    tbh the teens arent with us this much its mainly holidays when we are all together
    thanks for help
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions