Baby monitor recommendations

Found 12th Jan
lords on the market so after recommendations. anything around £100
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
If at home and have WiFi use two phones. Put them on WhatsApp call when baby is asleep then any sound can be heard. Works out free.
Original Poster
Not sure that is as good as a baby monitor. We would rather just use a dedicated baby monitor for peace of mind but great idea
Angel Care AC401.
The one with a motion mat. We’ve used one for 4 years with our subsequent 2 boys.
The mat when they are under 2 is a great thing. Detects breathing motion, which is more sensitive than audio or video.
Keep an eye out for deals as they are routinely under £80, Tesco has clear outs occasionally at <£50

Don’t go video. Never as clear as you like and can make you stressed if you can’t see anything.
If it is a video monitor you are loking for, I can recommend this:

amazon.co.uk/Goo…tor

They used to be cheaper on Amazon, but are still cheaper on ebay (they go by different brand brand names but just check for the same pictures)

Had ours for over a year and grandparents also have one now because it is better than several other models tried.

Good video in day and night
Good sound detection
Good battery life

Only slight negative is the talk back quality - it sometimes seems too quiet.
Edited by: "mrbojangles" 12th Jan
Oneday779 h, 21 m ago

Angel Care AC401. The one with a motion mat. We’ve used one for 4 years w …Angel Care AC401. The one with a motion mat. We’ve used one for 4 years with our subsequent 2 boys. The mat when they are under 2 is a great thing. Detects breathing motion, which is more sensitive than audio or video. Keep an eye out for deals as they are routinely under £80, Tesco has clear outs occasionally at <£50Don’t go video. Never as clear as you like and can make you stressed if you can’t see anything.

Hey i have the angelcare ac401, does your handset continually play any sounds in the room? Mine seems to only come on when baby cries, so there is a bit of a lag. Cant figure out how to keep it on all the time?
hakuna_matata2 h, 15 m ago

Hey i have the angelcare ac401, does your handset continually play any …Hey i have the angelcare ac401, does your handset continually play any sounds in the room? Mine seems to only come on when baby cries, so there is a bit of a lag. Cant figure out how to keep it on all the time?

It only picks up sound over a certain level. Which is fine. The mat is the health check and the cry is I’m hungry or I’ve pooped.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions