Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Baby Monitor Recommendations

Posted 15th Sep
Hi All

Any parents able to recommend a decent baby monitor please?

We’re looking at the Kodak Cherish C525 at £145 or the BT Baby Monitor 6800 which is £130ish I believe

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations with a similar price range?

Ideally wanting one with motion/temp monitoring and a decent image on the screen

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
The AngelCare is superb. Movement sensor just works, and it has a thermometer too. Only thing it doesn’t have is video (maybe different models do), but I achieved this by installing a cheap TPlink Kasa KC100 camera, which you view on your phone. Picture quality is great too, likely a lot better than monitors with built in screens.

Edit - it’s the AC403 I have and it seems to be discontinued now, although they have similar with or without cameras too.
Edited by: "Diggsy" 15th Sep
Diggsy15/09/2020 09:01

The AngelCare is superb. Movement sensor just works, and it has a …The AngelCare is superb. Movement sensor just works, and it has a thermometer too. Only thing it doesn’t have is video (maybe different models do), but I achieved this by installing a cheap TPlink Kasa KC100 camera, which you view on your phone. Picture quality is great too, likely a lot better than monitors with built in screens.Edit - it’s the AC403 I have and it seems to be discontinued now, although they have similar with or without cameras too.

Agree, my Angelcare was really good
Edited by: "lukeo44" 15th Sep
Thanks @lukeo44@Diggsy

Looking at the Angel Care range now
sohailh198415/09/2020 09:57

Thanks @lukeo44 @Diggsy Looking at the Angel Care range now

Worth adding that they tend to hold value quite well so when you are finished with it, you can stick it on eBay and get a fair chunk of the money back
The mother in law....
We have the Angelcare AC527.

amazon.co.uk/Ang…FBK

I gave up on the under mattress sensor as it was telling me the baby had stopped moving when it hadn't. And instead of just warning me at my end it first attempts to stir the baby (which just wakes them up unnecessarily).
I disabled the temperature display on the unit that goes next to the cot as it was too bright and the blue light is not good for a sleeping baby pattern.
The parent unit has a touchscreen from about 2002. You keep hitting it in an attempt to register what you are doing.
The camera quality is also really poor (again think 2002) although I am happy enough with it in darkness which is the primary function.
However the camera is in no way a wide lens so it is very difficult to get a good angle of the whole cot meaning the baby can be out of shot if they move around.
You will also need to buy a random mount on Amazon to get it on the wall to watch the cot..

In reality it really is years and years out of date.

It does not detect movement via the camera, just noise. And unfortunately (even after adjusting the settings) we regularly find that it has not picked up our baby noises if we are also playing quiet white noise in the room).

The saving grace is that it does not work on WiFi which means I have no concerns that I am going to lose my feed, so we have put up with it.
Isobella_16/09/2020 09:28

We have the Angelcare …We have the Angelcare AC527.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Angelcare-Ac527-Sensasure-Movement-Monitor/dp/B07RH8PFBKI gave up on the under mattress sensor as it was telling me the baby had stopped moving when it hadn't. And instead of just warning me at my end it first attempts to stir the baby (which just wakes them up unnecessarily). I disabled the temperature display on the unit that goes next to the cot as it was too bright and the blue light is not good for a sleeping baby pattern.The parent unit has a touchscreen from about 2002. You keep hitting it in an attempt to register what you are doing. The camera quality is also really poor (again think 2002) although I am happy enough with it in darkness which is the primary function.However the camera is in no way a wide lens so it is very difficult to get a good angle of the whole cot meaning the baby can be out of shot if they move around.You will also need to buy a random mount on Amazon to get it on the wall to watch the cot.. In reality it really is years and years out of date.It does not detect movement via the camera, just noise. And unfortunately (even after adjusting the settings) we regularly find that it has not picked up our baby noises if we are also playing quiet white noise in the room).The saving grace is that it does not work on WiFi which means I have no concerns that I am going to lose my feed, so we have put up with it.

Thanks for the honest review

We’ve ended up getting the Kodak Cherish C525 in the end after seeing some clips and the video feed/app seem decent

Hopefully it works well once it arrives
Post a comment
@
    Text