baby monitors

Found 30th Dec 2015
I'm looking for a new baby monitor. Looked at loads of reviews for different brands ,models but it's a minefield. Some ppl say good some ppl say stay away but their is no clear winner.
Loads of Motorola ones at the minute reduced eg. Mbp63s /mbp41 and mbp 853 wifi model.
Anyone got any advice please ?
Community Updates
11 Comments
Hi, I can highly recommend the BT 1000 video monitor. In my opinion it's so useful to have the video element. Can't see it on offer anywhere at the moment though but think it has been reduced to around £80 in the past.
amazon.co.uk/gp/…1_1?qid=1451496051&sr=8-1π=SX200_QL40&keywords=bt+monitor+1000&dpPl=1&dpID=41GHBwysxsL&ref=plSrch
I had the mbp63 and did the job fine camera is good in the day or night and the sound is good.
only problem I had was after a year the charger broke for the main unit and it was a nightmare to replace it.
I would also recommend getting an angelcare monitor it does go off if the little one moves off the mat but its worth the scare and running in just to check! the once she gasped for air and I swear to this day had stopped breathing!
I've had a BT one which has a night light on. bought it when my daughter was born and it's still going strong nearly 4 years later.
Cheers guys
I have a Motorola unsure of what model had it for over a year now... Couldn't fault it worth every penny and great to have a camera too
Depends what your reasoning for buying one is?
i.e. do you want to see your baby or listen only.

We went for the Angel Care non-video with sensor pad, as it's a potential life-saver. Still working perfectly 4 years on.

As DS grew up, we went for a budget Motorola Video which is wall mounted top corner of room to keep an eye if they are out of bed - perfectly adequate picture, can lose connection for a second or two at the most (4B,Det), but no real problems - that said, don't wrap the wires on the charger around the plug as this can snap or tear the lead from the plug and they aren't easy to replace, so we had to buy a new Motorola video monitor. He sleeps in total darkness and the infra-red picks up a good picture.
Edited by: "lanc1979" 30th Dec 2015
smico_wales

I had the mbp63 and did the job fine camera is good in the day or night … I had the mbp63 and did the job fine camera is good in the day or night and the sound is good. only problem I had was after a year the charger broke for the main unit and it was a nightmare to replace it. I would also recommend getting an angelcare monitor it does go off if the little one moves off the mat but its worth the scare and running in just to check! the once she gasped for air and I swear to this day had stopped breathing!

AngelCare can set your heart racing - us too!
We reckon we've had three false alarms (rolled to the corner of mat)
And two times when DD was really sick, and always wondered whether it was a life-saver.

mdp63 - was this a Motorola and did the charger for the main unit break by snapping the wire near the big plug?
we use a motorola and while it is a good video monitor eventually you'll find you need to keep it plugged in as the battery on them tends to run out faster and faster. Not an issue for us as we just plug it in but some people don't want to do that.

I would avoid the monitors that have the movement sensor mats. They will make you paranoid, they set off sometimes without having a reason to and you'll panic about it

There's some decent deals on motorola ones on amazon with the boxing day sales
Yeah I think the Motorola are the most popular. Cheers for the input
I am in the same boat as you. Can anyone recommend this one:

amazon.co.uk/Mot…tor
allsa001

I am in the same boat as you. Can anyone recommend this … I am in the same boat as you. Can anyone recommend this one:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-MBP36S-Digital-Video-Monitor/dp/B00K1BESC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451583043&sr=8-1&keywords=motorola+baby+monitor

It's the same price at Tesco. It's won the mother and baby award. Think it must be good x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants