Baby seat hiring car abroad

Found 24th Sep 2017
Does anyone know of any cheap ways/deals or advice when hiring a car in Majorca and opting for a baby seat. It seams as though the hire of such an item is just as expensive as the car hire itself
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
People usually take their own. On easyJet's website it states the following:
  • If you’re travelling with children under 5, we’ll board you early;
  • You can bring two items for free including a travel cot, pushchair, double pushchairs, buggy, car seat, collapsible or non-collapsible pram, booster seat, baby back carrier (please check they are suitable to take on board.

• Check with your carrier if they also allow car seats on board free of charge.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 24th Sep 2017
As above, take your own. Most airlines allow them for free when travelling with a baby /kids.
According to the police tv programmes we get, it seems in most foreign countries you don't need a car seat for kids. They often pull over drivers who don't use them, and they are usually people from abroad who think it's ok for a child to be on a passenger's lap.
My sister had the same problem recently and didn't want to take her normal ( quite expensive ) car seats with her , but bought a cheap one specifically to take with her. She didn't want to risk her everyday one being damaged in transit , but the cheap one held up fine. Or even pick up a second hand one to take with you to make even cheaper . I'm ignoring Sambats advice above as any parent would want to put their child in a car seat regardless of the law of the country you are visiting .
I think Sambat was referring to UK police shows that stop drivers carrying children without using car seats and usually finding the perpetrators are foreign nationals that come from countries where car seats are not mandatory and are oblivious to our laws on the requirement.
Sambat5 h, 7 m ago

According to the police tv programmes we get, it seems in most foreign …According to the police tv programmes we get, it seems in most foreign countries you don't need a car seat for kids. They often pull over drivers who don't use them, and they are usually people from abroad who think it's ok for a child to be on a passenger's lap.

"Most foreign countries" now there’s a quote from a little Englander who’s barely, if ever been abroad.
ipswich782 h, 6 m ago

"Most foreign countries" now there’s a quote from a little Englander who’s …"Most foreign countries" now there’s a quote from a little Englander who’s barely, if ever been abroad.

And there's a response from Mr Politically Correct looking for offence where none whatsoever was intended
tallpete337 h, 59 m ago

And there's a response from Mr Politically Correct looking for offence …And there's a response from Mr Politically Correct looking for offence where none whatsoever was intended

I can assure you I am far from 'Mr Politically Correct' however what relevance did that comment have on this question? Absolutely zero, by the tone of the comment and words used I stand by my original comment.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants