Babyliss hair clipper any good?

Posted 30th Apr
as above really, has anyone any views on babyliss hair clippers, or am I better to wait for a Wahl?
beginning to look like a yeti.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Yes, Babyliss are absolutely fine. I don't know what particular model you are looking at but I've got a set of Babyliss clippers that I've had for years as well as a Wahl one and there isn't really any difference between them in terms of performance, they are both good.
Haircut_10030/04/2020 13:12

Yes, Babyliss are absolutely fine. I don't know what particular model you …Yes, Babyliss are absolutely fine. I don't know what particular model you are looking at but I've got a set of Babyliss clippers that I've had for years as well as a Wahl one and there isn't really any difference between them in terms of performance, they are both good.

Thanks, I was looking at the powerglide pro (about £35) v the powerlight pro (about£20)
I use a £11 Wahl clippers. They are fine. Maybe had them for over a year now.
I assume as with clippers they are pretty much straight forward. Just ensure the head is oiled regularly to avoid jamming etc.
Yes all similar performance under £30.
I've the power light, I like them but then again I'm new to home hairdressing!
I’ve just had my first go at using hair clippers on husband, didn’t do too bad a job and he seems pleased with the result. I bought the wahl 9655 clippers for £20 but the cordless ones, although I left them to fully charge overnight I think I would’ve been hindered if they were corded and had to use an extension lead. So I would recommended a cordless model for ease of use if possible.
Used a no. 6 all over, then a no. 2 on side burns, over ears and about 2’’ up from the hairline at the back and then used a no. 4 and blended in from the bottom up vertically rather than following the curve of the head.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 30th Apr
Toptrumpet30/04/2020 15:19

I’ve just had my first go at using hair clippers on husband, didn’t do too …I’ve just had my first go at using hair clippers on husband, didn’t do too bad a job and he seems pleased with the result. I bought the wahl 9655 clippers for £20 but the cordless ones, although I left them to fully charge overnight I think I would’ve been hindered if they were corded and had to use an extension lead. So I would recommended a cordless model for ease of use if possible.Used a no. 6 all over, then a no. 2 on side burns, over ears and about 2’’ up from the hairline at the back and then used a no. 4 and blended in from the bottom up vertically rather than following the curve of the head.

Awesome. I’ve been debating whether to invest in a cordless set.once I get some more use out of the current clippers, I will definitely try a cordless set.

You could always try give scissors a try. I watched some YouTube tutorials and the outcome wasn’t too bad
Toptrumpet30/04/2020 15:19

I’ve just had my first go at using hair clippers on husband, didn’t do too …I’ve just had my first go at using hair clippers on husband, didn’t do too bad a job and he seems pleased with the result. I bought the wahl 9655 clippers for £20 but the cordless ones, although I left them to fully charge overnight I think I would’ve been hindered if they were corded and had to use an extension lead. So I would recommended a cordless model for ease of use if possible.Used a no. 6 all over, then a no. 2 on side burns, over ears and about 2’’ up from the hairline at the back and then used a no. 4 and blended in from the bottom up vertically rather than following the curve of the head.

Thank you that's very helpful.
I had seen from reviews ( after I bought one) that the cheaper of the two babyliss models I mentioned ( which can be used with or without cable) is pretty poor, as the battery takes forever to charge and doesn't hold charge for long. But I can understand that for ease of use cordless is great.
PhilthyPhil01/05/2020 06:38

Thank you that's very helpful.I had seen from reviews ( after I bought …Thank you that's very helpful.I had seen from reviews ( after I bought one) that the cheaper of the two babyliss models I mentioned ( which can be used with or without cable) is pretty poor, as the battery takes forever to charge and doesn't hold charge for long. But I can understand that for ease of use cordless is great.

Unless you buy a cordless one using lithium or Li-ion batteries (I think) and these ones retail around £79.99+, then the battery life will be reduced. However, the cheaper ones, putting them on to charge overnight will give an hour or so running time. I think as a newbie, it took about 15 minutes to do a basic cut, what with working out the blades, oiling it, being careful and recutting it here and there, an hour is enough time for home haircuts. Unless you’re going to be opening up a speakeasy barbers and using them all day, then the cheaper ones are sufficient.
It’s only the same as charging an electric toothbrush or IPhone. I think everyone’s getting too caught up with charging time vs running time. For me it’s ultimately the price of the product and if you’ll use it going forward.
This might be too much information, but before having a shower, Hubby sat on a step stool in the bath and let the hair collect in the bath for ease of clearing up afterwards.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 1st May
Toptrumpet01/05/2020 09:54

Unless you buy a cordless one using lithium or Li-ion batteries (I think) …Unless you buy a cordless one using lithium or Li-ion batteries (I think) and these ones retail around £79.99+, then the battery life will be reduced. However, the cheaper ones, putting them on to charge overnight will give an hour or so running time. I think as a newbie, it took about 15 minutes to do a basic cut, what with working out the blades, oiling it, being careful and recutting it here and there, an hour is enough time for home haircuts. Unless you’re going to be opening up a speakeasy barbers and using them all day, then the cheaper ones are sufficient. It’s only the same as charging an electric toothbrush or IPhone. I think everyone’s getting too caught up with charging time vs running time. For me it’s ultimately the price of the product and if you’ll use it go forward. This might be too much information, but before having a shower, Hubby sat on a step stool in the bath and let the hair collect in the bath for ease of clearing up afterwards.

Like your style, think I'll be copying that, as my plan was to do it in the garden on a long extension.
( But I didn't fancy the neighbours pointing & laughing)
I think the trick is:- not to fill the bath & not to drop it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions