Groups

back again,,, about my eyes

following my eye test i know i will be buggered, so iwas wondering wherei can get a reliable cheap source of contact lenses

thanks again folks

addy

12 Comments

should have gone to specsavers

magicbeans;4600268

should have gone to specsavers

+1 :-D

It's me again... My advice would be to have a contact lens fitting at you know where (20.00 usually for the fitting), buy 1 months supply of the recommended lenses, then you get the fitting fee back. Once you have the box with the lenses in, you can look on-line for the best prices. I've heard the supermarkets are pretty good value.

following my eye test i know i will be ******ed

wow, which opticians do you go to? they usually just give you glasses...

chrishill;4600344

wow, which opticians do you go to? they usually just give you glasses...

LOL..... is ******ed a censored word as well?

edit...so it is! buggger

costco - absolutely excellent prices

as unseenangelwings said-this is the best thing to do...some opticians do a free cl consultation-but these are rare.then the cheapest ways to buy lenses is online.asda is the most competive i think..or try visiondirect.
    make sure wherever you go for ur cl consultation they tell you the brand name of the lenses you are wearing...as if u get for example specsavers branded dailies they are unlikely to sell them in asda!lol!ur contact lens specification should say this-but they may leave you to work it out urself(lots of different sizes of lenses-stick to the one uve been checked for!)

I got my lenses from a couple of websites which are on quidco, (Lenseway is the one I've just used today) I hardily wear my contacts and tend to buy one packet at a time, lasts me forever, I got a 30pack of focus dailies for £13.40 including delivery, (same perscription on both eyes so 1 packet does me fine) thought that was pretty good considering the optician would charge me £40 a time.

Just find out what your prescription is and buy them online!

shaneomac;4600441

.make sure wherever you go for ur cl consultation they tell you the brand … .make sure wherever you go for ur cl consultation they tell you the brand name of the lenses you are wearing...as if u get for example specsavers branded dailies they are unlikely to sell them in asda!lol!ur contact lens specification should say this-but they may leave you to work it out urself(lots of different sizes of lenses-stick to the one uve been checked for!)

Specsavers own brand are re-packaged Ciba Vision Focus Dailies (very popular brand) Johnson and Johnson are also popular but it really depends on your wearing time and prescription. Have your fitting and take the advice you're given by the optician.

Have you worn lenses before? PM me if you need anymore info

Hi, try vision direct. I used them once and they are brilliant! The are based in the USA. The only thing is if the value is over £18 you'll have to pay customs charges.

I had to pay around £10 but was still worth it .Just make sure you use any discounts that are around.

About 1 year ago I bought 12 pairs of monthly Bausch & Lomb Soflens 66 Toric (Soflens Toric) for $79. That is 1 year supply for $79 + £10 customs charges.

Has anyone tried Daysoft ? - online supplier about half price compared to focus dailies and are supposed to be a good substitute.
    daysoftlenses.com/GB/…eaw
    Need a contact lens test as already stated earlier.

I use Daysoft and find them great value, they are also the most comfortable lens I’ve worn
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?78
      2. Jury service1824
      3. Large card print/poster..34
      4. What laptop to choose?33

See more discussions