Groups

back pain/ problems!!!

hello everyone.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on my back pain. Been applying deep heat lately but is their anything better or different that I can take/ use?

thanks

29 Comments

Ibuprofen and a hot bath

I suffer back pain in lower back at side. Used deep heat to no avail. It was diagnosed as inflammation which is why deep heat not working. Inflammation needs cool or ice. Voltarol, ice pack and ibuprofen. Try it.

Exercise and stretches. Goes a long way to resolving most problems, people these days just dont do enough (not necessarily out of choice).

Decent shoes to take impact. Not the hard sole type or worn heals. Decent bed. memory foam type is best I found. Not sure any pill help with pain much nor dose anything you rub on. I found that filling a hot water bottle and putting behind my back, to stop the cold car seat in winter mornings helps greatly. Nothing will play your back up more than the cold.

xragingbull

Ibuprofen and a hot bath

Along with co codamol , but ultimately time too ....deep heat does help too, to stop it from coming 'back', light back exercises/stretches.
    That's what I was told to do as I have had back muscle spasms on n off for 2 years now.

Edited by: "ciderno1" 22nd Oct 2016

I put my back out a few years ago and now every so often it pings again.
    I use a massage ball, lean on it against a wall and roll it around the area the hurts. Works for me.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/ResultSport®-Trigger-Point-Massage-Medium/dp/B00SEG8U2M/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1477155093&sr=8-4&keywords=massage+ball

depends on age, male/ female. is it an injury or just came from nowhere. go see a doctor.

The things I have done that have given me relief from back pain:-

Swimming
    Foam roller
    Gym ball
    yoga
    Sitting posture
    Back strengthening exercises

try something untill you find what works for you

lots of youtube videos out there to help you

Original Poster

lol u lot are amazing. thanks a bunch.

Big Brenda will soon sort it out

can also be caused by your job, I had problems a few years back, saw the physio and the first thing she said was "you drive for a living" oO ...

Was a bus driver at the time, apparently driving relaxes the hamstrings which can cause pain, so added hamstring exercises to my workouts, been pretty good ever since...

But the best "cure" I have found is , a combo of deep heat , ibuprofen, tens machine and a bottle of your favourite tipple ...(I used JD ) worked a treat.....:)

0901salmoc

lol u lot are amazing. thanks a bunch.

​seriously go see your doctor.I have a friend who had sciatica in his back in his 40s, my mother put up with a lot of pain and taking paracetamol, voltarol and deep heat, now sorted. go see a doctor, what's the worst that can happen. if you were a car you would be straight in the garage for a look.

Not sure on the spelling but a tens machine, superb for back issues, well it works for me.

Can't really add much more to what has already been posted but as someone who a few years ago had the odd twinge which developed into two slipped discs (one desiccated) and a fractured vertebra leading to a year of being able to virtually do nothing...

1. Go see your doctor.
    2. Get more exercise.
    3. Hot baths, heat rubs and co-codamol or paracetamol (depending upon the pain).
    4. Work on your posture when sitting, standing and walking - top tip from my personal trainer is to sit, walk and run with your stomach and **** clenched.
    5. Consider massage and/or chiro (it gets expensive here though).

Most importantly don't muck about, check it out.

If its short term pain try Ibuprofen and Codeine tablets, not cheap and they are behind the counter so the pharmacy wont give you a lot of them as its supposed to be 3 days max as they are addictive - £3.79 for 16 in boots

But they work for me at times when my back is particularly bad

Paracetamol based drugs have little effect on back pain . Ibuprofen is a better option , if your stomach can take it . Drink plenty water . Failing that visit your GP .

jase.2

If its short term pain try Ibuprofen and Codeine tablets, not cheap and … If its short term pain try Ibuprofen and Codeine tablets, not cheap and they are behind the counter so the pharmacy wont give you a lot of them as its supposed to be 3 days max as they are addictive - £3.79 for 16 in boots But they work for me at times when my back is particularly bad

as above, codeine / ibroprofen

try glusamine sulphate 1500mg in the morning be careful of tens i saw a report that it took longer to heal with tens then without also consider magnets

Doctors! I went after months of agony. Doctor sent me for Physio and it ended up being my pelvis. Took literally minutes to sort.

Try "Biofreeze Pain Relieving Gel"

Definitely go to the doctors, but dont let them fob you off by downplaying your condition.

Chiropractic

Go and see a Osteopath, costs around £35-£40 but should be able to find out what your problem is.

Woods baby if your stressed take some time for your self keep an eye on posture. Don't rush when doing things like getting up from seats or house work take it easy slowly don't panic give your self time I have been suffering from it last 8 years have a illness muscilar dystrophy......

Woooosa!!!

How long have you had the pain. Have you seen a doctor?

hutchir9

Not sure on the spelling but a tens machine, superb for back issues, well … Not sure on the spelling but a tens machine, superb for back issues, well it works for me.

+1 for this, I had a severe back injury and physio was doing nothing; after 6 weeks of crawling around the house I bought a TENS machine and 2 weeks later my back was nearly healed, the disc is damaged, but the pain is caused by the muscles cramping up around the injury site and pinching the nerve.

BUT get the injury checked out by a quack first, in case it is something more serious than a muscle injury/pinched nerve.

Go see your Gp it may have an underlying cause and you could make it worse

Get a free consultation with a good Chiropractor. I had constant back pain for about 15 years. Went to the chiropractor and was completely sorted in a few visits. My pelvis was out of line which threw the whole of the rest of my back and neck out too. Cannot recommend highly enough.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What laptop to choose?11
      2. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      3. Laptop screen backlight issue23
      4. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..510

See more discussions