Groups

back to front parking ticket

I got a ticket for the parking area however left it back to front by accident. My ticket was valid till 11.18 however at 11.16 I got the ticket. I spoke the parking attendant who was very polite and said they should defo cancel it as its within the time. I sent them an email waiting for reply. What I'm worried about it what if they don't cancel it I didn't get his name. How do I prove it otherwise? I have already sent the parking ticket. Please
    assist

19 Comments

did you take a photograph of the ticket as proof? Just incase?Other than that i know everyone see's them as t**ts but they do usually admit when there is their mistake and rectify it

Banned

His name should be on the ticket.

Also he should have took pictures to prove the offence. So if you send them a copy of the the ticket & the story adds up then they will cancel it.

Banned

Oh by the way is it a council run carpark or not?

To be honest what the attendant said is irrelevant as that is not proof and not going to determine the decision, it was probably just their opinion. What is strange is why did they not cancel the ticket after this? Was it a private company or council? If it was council I know they have the ability to cancel the penalty, they need to inform their boss to be it sorted but it is possible.

What do you mean by "I have already sent them the parking ticket", not the original ticket you purchased I hope? That is your proof. Also you said you emailed them?

You should have the penalty waived since the ticket was displayed the correct way up, regardless of the rotation that should be sufficient.
    Edited by: "joshp" 5th Aug 2016

Let them send the fine then sue them in court for £££££££££££££'s in trauma & distress

Original Poster

Thank you for your comments. It was council car park, upside down meaning you couldn't see the time to be fair, it is my fault for leaving the ticket the wrong way, he said he couldn't cancel it once it's issued

Appeal the penalty and provide proof of the ticket you purchased. Should be open and shut case.

i hope the warden took a pic of your car with the upside down ticket,or you?..or it was a machine where u put in your reg? because they could try and say that you got it from someone else

Never believe the words that come out of a Parking Wardens mouth. As long as you have the original ticket and you challenge the PCN and send that in as a copy via email or post. Can't tell you what the outcome maybe but it just depends on each council on how they deal with it.

SKhatun

Thank you for your comments. It was council car park, upside down meaning … Thank you for your comments. It was council car park, upside down meaning you couldn't see the time to be fair, it is my fault for leaving the ticket the wrong way, he said he couldn't cancel it once it's issued

Let's be honest here, it doesn't take a rocket scieients to read the time on an upsidedown ticket. Seems a poor excuse to me!

Also the ticket can be cancelled once issued but he probably could be bothered because it does involve a little work, he then has to inform his boss to get it sorted and they don't like to do that - it's normally for exceptional circumstances.

Original Poster

joshp

Let's be honest here, it doesn't take a rocket scieients to read the time … Let's be honest here, it doesn't take a rocket scieients to read the time on an upsidedown ticket. Seems a poor excuse to me!Also the ticket can be cancelled once issued but he probably could be bothered because it does involve a little work, he then has to inform his boss to get it sorted and they don't like to do that - it's normally for exceptional circumstances.

Thanks for your reply. There has been misunderstanding when I said upside down I meant turned over so you could not see details. Sorry when I wrote it I was tired and very stressed. Hope they cancel it

Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. There has been misunderstanding when I said upside down I meant turned over so you could not see details. Sorry when I wrote it I was tired and very stressed. Hope they cancel it

When parking in a pay and display car park the onus is placed on the … When parking in a pay and display car park the onus is placed on the driver to clearly display a valid ticket face up in the vehicle for inspection at all times whilst parked.

Taken from pepipoo.com/for…tml

I had this a few years ago. Closing the car door the wind ,unknown ,to me blew the ticket over,showing the reverse. I too received a ticket, never paid, I emailed them with a photo of the ticket showing the expiry time and ticket issue time, I had 20 minutes left, the penalty ticket was cancelled . Unsure what you mean when you say you've already sent the parking ticket, you've paid or you've sent your parking ticket to them?

Original Poster

I had two minute left that's why I'm worried i did show the warden my ticket and he said its within time. But how do I prove that ? Sent a photo of the ticket

The ticket would have the time it was issued on it?

Edit your question to say ticket was back to front and not upside down and you will get better answers

Original Poster

snoopy18

Edit your question to say ticket was back to front and not upside down … Edit your question to say ticket was back to front and not upside down and you will get better answers

Thanks

Original Poster

Just to let you guys know the ticket was cancelled. Thanks for all your help everyone
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions