Back to Non fibre broadband

Posted 22nd Nov
I am finding the drop out rate so high on Plusnet fibre and I don’t need the connection speed so I want to move back to the standard copper offering; when I called Plusnet they told me that once the line is converted you are stuck with a fibre connection is this correct....? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
AFAIK they probably can put you down to ADSL but nowadays everyones on FTTC moving to FTTP. The cable from the cabinet is currently still copper it’s just that the cable from the exchange to the cabinet has been upgraded to fibre. Have you tried Virgin Media? Perhaps BT/Vodafone can provide a better service for you as you might be plugged into plusnet at the cabinet although I’m not certain in this.
A supplier's policy of not permitting downgrades is unrelated to the technical accessibility of a downgrade either from same provider or change of provider. Presumably any non-downgrade option was mentioned during signup to your current fibre product otherwise PN would expose itself to claims of uninformed determent. Maybe check if another provider is willing to sell you a non-fibre product.
If the dropouts you mention are related to the stability of your physical line you will still have same / similar dropout issues with a non-fibre / ADSL product.
If your on FTTC (fibre to the cabinet) then you have a fault on the copper line between your house and cabinet causing the drop outs, or you have an internal problem , this will cause you big problems on ADSL, your end up with dial up speeds as the DSLAM/DLM tries to compensate for the problem

If you have FTTP (fibre to the premise) you shouldn't have any drop outs period.
Edited by: "4Real2016" 22nd Nov
Read this
ispreview.co.uk/ind…tml
You could be another 1 of Plusnets victims with a dodgy router. Been going on for almost a year now
Just keep reporting the fault and claim breech of contract if they don't fix it,
Also, how are.you determining that it's dropping out?
tardytortoise22/11/2019 11:04

Read …Read thishttps://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/11/glitchy-5ghz-wifi-hits-users-of-uk-isp-plusnets-hub-one-router.html#respondYou could be another 1 of Plusnets victims with a dodgy router. Been going on for almost a year now

That's not the router dropping the connection to the exchange, that only happens with devices connected over 5GHz WiFi
Edited by: "4Real2016" 22nd Nov
4Real201622/11/2019 11:19

That's not the router dropping the connection to the exchange, that only …That's not the router dropping the connection to the exchange, that only happens with devices connected over 5GHz WiFi

of course that is true; but we have no idea what the OP meant when he described his problem. maybe OP only has 5GHz device(s)
AndyRoyd22/11/2019 10:42

A supplier's policy of not permitting downgrades is unrelated to the …A supplier's policy of not permitting downgrades is unrelated to the technical accessibility of a downgrade either from same provider or change of provider. Presumably any non-downgrade option was mentioned during signup to your current fibre product otherwise PN would expose itself to claims of uninformed determent. Maybe check if another provider is willing to sell you a non-fibre product.

There wasn’t any mention of not being able to downgrade when I initially took the fibre; when I renewed last year they told me I had to stay with fibre, honestly with the drop outs I would have preferred to stay on ADSL copper as it’s frustrating, it’s not all the time but certainly more than I was getting.

I have even cat45 all of my streaming devices which has reduced it but it still exits!
What the feck does "We'll do you proud mean" anyway?
DistortedVision22/11/2019 17:01

What the feck does "We'll do you proud mean" anyway?

I think it’s a northern saying....? I get it but they are not fulfilling it right now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants