Groups

Back To School: any encouraging words?

My 7 year old son is upstairs, in bed, stressing about going back to school.

Is anyone else having the same trouble with their child? What encourgaing words are you giving?

19 Comments

Remind him about seeing all his friends again?

Banned

awwww bless, mine are both looking forward to going back, although the little guy said he'd rather another week off - lol
    Is he stressing because he is moving class?

:cry:

Im stressing just thinking about it. And I go back on Thurs.
    He's only 7. Wait until he gets to secondary. then start stressing :thumbsup:

Shurrup and get to sleep or you'll be tired tomorrow? Lmao
    Sorry, couldnt resist.

My 8 year old is the same............my words to him tonight were - you WILL be up on time, you WILL be ready and you WILL go to school with a smile on your face!

I think this holiday is far too long for them and all he moaned about the whole time is "I have no-one to play with"

Once they have done a day its usually fine

Original Poster

fireheaven;2865785

My 8 year old is the same............my words to him tonight were - you … My 8 year old is the same............my words to him tonight were - you WILL be up on time, you WILL be ready and you WILL go to school with a smile on your face! I think this holiday is far too long for them and all he moaned about the whole time is "I have no-one to play with"Once they have done a day its usually fine

does he start back tomorrow? mine don't start until wednesday?

mine is back thursday but you could tell them that its only about 5 weeks bafore they get another holiday

I used to love the feeling of going back to school after the 6 weeks hol, new pencil case, new clothes, new shoes, new stationary, it was awesome, and now i work :'-(

Original Poster

Aquatic;2865868

mine is back thursday but you could tell them that its only about 5 weeks … mine is back thursday but you could tell them that its only about 5 weeks bafore they get another holiday

I told him that he is going to Haven at the weekend (his favourite place) and he is still stressing.

Original Poster

PermissionToRock;2865879

I used to love the feeling of going back to school after the 6 weeks hol, … I used to love the feeling of going back to school after the 6 weeks hol, new pencil case, new clothes, new shoes, new stationary, it was awesome, and now i work :'-(

thx, might do that tomorrow. give him his new bag, pens etc. that might cheer him along.

blackpeppa;2865812

does he start back tomorrow? mine don't start until wednesday?

Yeah Wednesday here too but the complaining has started this weekend.

His 4 year old brother starts school too on Wednesday and he can't wait

Back tuesday to year 12.

Wahey!

One of mine is just the same, he goes back next MOnday but will be awful on Sunday night, and "ill" when he wakes on MOnday. He has been awake early every day they have been off school but next week it will take a bomb to wake him! It worries me, I just try to encourage him and offer "incentives". Friends round for tea, bowling trip, swimming, cinema etc.

Original Poster

kidcat;2865918

One of mine is just the same, he goes back next MOnday but will be awful … One of mine is just the same, he goes back next MOnday but will be awful on Sunday night, and "ill" when he wakes on MOnday. He has been awake early every day they have been off school but next week it will take a bomb to wake him! It worries me, I just try to encourage him and offer "incentives". Friends round for tea, bowling trip, swimming, cinema etc.

I do try to make the last week as boring as possible, otherwise they won't want it to stop.

blackpeppa;2865930

I do try to make the last week as boring as possible, otherwise they … I do try to make the last week as boring as possible, otherwise they won't want it to stop.

I am trying the opposite this year and taking them away tomorrow till the weekend, hoping to keep them so busy he wont have time to stress.

Awww bless thankfuly my 2can't wait, maybe you could offer a lil incentive do good in your test good report etc and i will buy you game/toy etc, my eldest used to stressed over tests and stuff i found this worked wonders!!

. . . .and i wouldnt go to work for free! :thumbsup:

I'm sure all over the land there are little ones stressing about going back to school, my 'little' one is 16 and starting college on Tuesday, she's stressing over that, so it never does end!!

Banned

you need to stop being so nice to them, my two cant wait to go back :w00t:

Banned

2 of mine go back tomorrow and my littlest goes back next monday but all 3 of mine are looking forward to going back, i don't think they've been worried about going back to school yet so not sure what to suggest :thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1829
      2. RIP DOCTOR WHO712
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1011
      4. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it11

See more discussions