Groups
    EXPIRED

Backing up jailbroken iPhone

If I jailbreak my iPhone, will I still be able to backup all the data onto iTunes, and later restore it if I need to, without any hassles?

Or will iTunes recognise the backup as being corrupt, and not allow the restore? If this is the case, is there a way around this, e.g. by use of an App/3rd party software? Thanks

4 Comments

you can use itunes to backup a jailbroken phone. the restore will work if the phone is jailbroken when you restore it

Original Poster

wolf359

you can use itunes to backup a jailbroken phone. the restore will work … you can use itunes to backup a jailbroken phone. the restore will work if the phone is jailbroken when you restore it

Thanks for that. Will all of the phone, game and app data be restored as per normal too?

yep. i did mine on the weekend. backed it up, restored it to to 4.1, jailbroke it with greenpo1son and then restored it with itunes. worked like a charm

Original Poster

wolf359

yep. i did mine on the weekend. backed it up, restored it to to 4.1, … yep. i did mine on the weekend. backed it up, restored it to to 4.1, jailbroke it with greenpo1son and then restored it with itunes. worked like a charm

Thanks for confirming!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047112
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767266
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32452
      4. love affairs1445

See more discussions