Groups

backing up of backups

Banned
    dont know if im allowed to post his so sorry mods if not.

i have just backed up all my wii games and am going to put them away as my kids keep scratching them, better for them to scratch a 23p copy rather than the £30+ original,

now the question can you make a backup of a backup wii game and if so what is the best program to use

help will be repped

13 Comments

Original Poster Banned

snarff;6417281

http://ezinearticles.com/?Back-Up-Wii-Games---How-to-Back-Up,-Copy-and-Burn-Wii-Games?&id=2860797

many thanks for that but that program just creates an image file, i already have the image file but my hard disc space is at a premium and i need these to be kept elsewhere, i thought if i made a master copy then if needed copy it from that. i have tried to copy the img file onto disc but its too big,

any ideas?

yvonne1174;6417339

many thanks for that but that program just creates an image file, i … many thanks for that but that program just creates an image file, i already have the image file but my hard disc space is at a premium and i need these to be kept elsewhere, i thought if i made a master copy then if needed copy it from that. i have tried to copy the img file onto disc but its too big,any ideas?

When you want another copy of the game, if you have a "master" copy burned off from one of your images, if you had deleted those images, you'd have to read the "master" copy to an img again to burn it..

yvonne1174;6417339

many thanks for that but that program just creates an image file, i … many thanks for that but that program just creates an image file, i already have the image file but my hard disc space is at a premium and i need these to be kept elsewhere, i thought if i made a master copy then if needed copy it from that. i have tried to copy the img file onto disc but its too big,any ideas?

you would need to then burn that image file onto a cd.

Yea that Easy Backup Program is a scam, doesn't do as it says it would.

Basically you'll need to have your wii chipped to start off with.
    To actually make an image of a wii disc you'll need a specific DVD reader to read the disks, or you could just download them.
    Making the disc is the same as burning a DVD.

When you burn you downloaded img files to DVD, why not do a second copy straight after, and keep them somewhere else out of reach of the kids.... that's what I do :thumbsup:

This is the method I used
    ezinearticles.com/?Bu…360

Takes a while to make the image, but saves you money in the long run.
    I had a "pic chip" installed in my wii, stopped working with the newer games, so I sold it. Also there are few descent games out.

if you just installed the ISOs on an external drive and use USB Loader, then the kids wouldn't be able to scratch them cos there wouldn't be any discs

Original Poster Banned

bruffterman;6418099

if you just installed the ISOs on an external drive and use USB Loader, … if you just installed the ISOs on an external drive and use USB Loader, then the kids wouldn't be able to scratch them cos there wouldn't be any discs

yeah i thought that but ive got over 500gb of games and the list keeps growing, looking for a way to burn img files to disc as masters then wipe hard drive

yvonne1174;6419026

yeah i thought that but ive got over 500gb of games and the list keeps … yeah i thought that but ive got over 500gb of games and the list keeps growing, looking for a way to burn img files to disc as masters then wipe hard drive

You already have your master as in your original disk.

Why not just re rip them if your backup gets scratched? its not as though you are going to have to rip 100 at a time, just one every now and again.

Original Poster Banned

sven256;6419062

You already have your master as in your original disk.Why not just re rip … You already have your master as in your original disk.Why not just re rip them if your backup gets scratched? its not as though you are going to have to rip 100 at a time, just one every now and again.

but for arguments sake what if i no longer had originals ???????? :whistling:

lol knew as soon as you made this post that, that was the case.. haha..

do we really need all this piracy talk? Just find some Wii backup forums.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767413
      2. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…36
      3. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?45
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876390

See more discussions