Backing Up Wii Games

Anyone out there knows how to back up a Wii game?
I have few games that are getting scratched and want to make backups.

I tried creating an ISO image of an existing game, but the Wii Console does not accept it as a valid game

Where am i going wrong?

12 Comments

Is your wii modded? You need to have it done

You can't play copied games on a Wii without having it modified.

you need to use specific LG dvd drive to be able to do it...google it, they are usually sold on ebay for a fair bit as they dont produce them anymore....

bfjem;5348021

you need to use specific LG dvd drive to be able to do it...google it, … you need to use specific LG dvd drive to be able to do it...google it, they are usually sold on ebay for a fair bit as they dont produce them anymore....

Not for wii you dont, my burner isn't a LG one.

oldmankensey;5348033

Not for wii you dont, my burner isn't a LG one.

thats what i was told by a close friend that original wii games can only be read by a specific LG dvd drive

consolesource.com/sup…114

bfjem;5348051

thats what i was told by a close friend that original wii games can only … thats what i was told by a close friend that original wii games can only be read by a specific LG dvd drivehttp://www.consolesource.com/support/index.php?_a=viewarticle&_m=knowledgebase&kbarticleid=114

ok maybe thats true, I just thought you meant to burn them. My bad

oldmankensey;5348075

ok maybe thats true, I just thought you meant to burn them. My bad

tbh I dont do it myself, I buy the games, but if the OP is just wanting to back up his originals then theres technically nothing wrong with that...although it will be hard

If you have a modded Wii, then it is easy to rip the games using your Wii, and then burn them onto a DVD with a DVD burner. Then you can play the back-ups, and store the originals.

thesaint;5348127

If you have a modded Wii, then it is easy to rip the games using your … If you have a modded Wii, then it is easy to rip the games using your Wii, and then burn them onto a DVD with a DVD burner. Then you can play the back-ups, and store the originals.

thats using the original wii drive inside...and the back-up launcher or something like that isnt it? which kind of gets round having to purchase a seperate LG dvd drive as you can just use the one in the wii

bfjem;5348152

thats using the original wii drive inside...and the back-up launcher or … thats using the original wii drive inside...and the back-up launcher or something like that isnt it? which kind of gets round having to purchase a seperate LG dvd drive as you can just use the one in the wii

There is a DVD dumper available as a homebrew program that uses the Wii to rip the game either wireless to your PC, or to SD card, USB etc.

It has removed the need for the LG drive. If they are reaching good prices on Ebay, it's because people are unaware that they haven't been needed for months.

Original Poster

thesaint;5348188

There is a DVD dumper available as a homebrew program that uses the Wii … There is a DVD dumper available as a homebrew program that uses the Wii to rip the game either wireless to your PC, or to SD card, USB etc.It has removed the need for the LG drive. If they are reaching good prices on Ebay, it's because people are unaware that they haven't been needed for months.

Hmmm..... so i need some software to do this? Any pointers?

Btw, my Wii isnt modded/chipped

capricornianz;5348379

Hmmm..... so i need some software to do this? Any pointers?Btw, my Wii … Hmmm..... so i need some software to do this? Any pointers?Btw, my Wii isnt modded/chipped

google twighlight hack, or wii softmod that will get you started

or

[url]www.disqworld.com[/url]

and go to the wii forums :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
    2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
    4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259

See more discussions