Expired

Backlit keyboard laptop <£400

Found 19th Nov 2014
I'm still looking for a new laptop that's got a backlit keyboard.

- New or Refrub
- Ideally below £400
- Preferably Win7 but not essential

Really just for basic daily use, itunes, perhaps odd bit if Photoshop.

I was looking at Sony Vaio but it seems only selected models have backlit keyboard. I seen this Refrub in currys although above my est budget.

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

Any help please!! Thanks!
Community Updates
AskKeyboardLaptop
16 Comments
Alienware M11x is a lovely machine with a backlit keyboard.
samsung series 9. np900x3 etc have backlit keyboards. i5 processor v light and decent battery you might need ext hard drive
MACBOOk air
aspiringdoc

MACBOOk air

So where does a mac air for below £400 ?
Edited by: "loyalblue" 20th Nov 2014
Most have missed the <£400 part. Backlit keyboards should be required
loyalblue

So where does a mac air for below £400 ?

ebay.co.uk/itm…972
ebay.co.uk/itm…491

not far off £400

trust me, buy a refurbish macbook and it will be the best decision you'll make
aspiringdoc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-MacBook-Air-11-1-60-GHz-Intel-Core-i5-4-GB-DDR3-128-GB-SSD-WARRANTY-367-/231395433972 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-MacBook-Air-11-6-1-4Ghz-2GB-RAM-64GB-SSD-Latest-OS-X-BOXED-/291160605491#viTabs_0not far off £400trust me, buy a refurbish macbook and it will be the best decision you'll make

Not if you use Windows.
rev6

Not if you use Windows.

most people will prefer OS X, it just takes a little time getting used to it
aspiringdoc

most people will prefer OS X, it just takes a little time getting used to … most people will prefer OS X, it just takes a little time getting used to it

Only an Apple user would say that.
Actually most prefer Windows, check out the figures.

"trust me, buy a refurbish macbook and it will be the best decision you'll make"

And I agree, only an Apple fanboy would say that waffle.

Edited by: "joshp" 20th Nov 2014

most people will prefer OS X, it just takes a little time getting used to it[/quote]
Only an Apple user would say that.[/quote]
only someone who was a previous user of windows who then switched to OS X would say that

only someone who was a previous user of windows who then switched to OS X … only someone who was a previous user of windows who then switched to OS X would say that

Been with Apple before for a long period of time however I moved back to Windows, much prefer Windows but I don't try and 'convert' people! That's what annoys me about Apple users (_;)

Always find them trying to 'convert' people, never seen it the other way round!

joshp

Actually most prefer Windows, check out the figures. "trust me, buy a … Actually most prefer Windows, check out the figures. "trust me, buy a refurbish macbook and it will be the best decision you'll make"And I agree, only an Apple fanboy would say that waffle.

the in hand aluminium unibody feel in the macbook, combined with the 10 hour battery and excellent keyboard and touchpad make the macbook superior to the vast majority of windows 'ultrabooks' you only have to hold a macbook for a few seconds to realise how inferior any windows laptop feels. Then there's also the amount of time a windows laptop will last- a windows laptop will begin slowing down a year after you buy it, and in most cases, the device will become unusably slow in around 5 years. My mum is using a fish year old MacBook and it is still as fast as the day she got it. Yes it is more expensive but if it lasts longer surely it is worth it?

in terms of operating system preference, care to cite that claim? Windows may be more popular than OS X due to the price, but that doesn't mean that more people prefer it. Besides OS X is an OS that most people will hate at first because it's so different to windows and seems so illogical, but when you realise how the trackpad is the centre of the OS and how it is meant to be used like a touch screen device, I guarantee you it will feel like a much smoother experience.

I am not an apple fanboy- I wouldn't be able to live with an iPhone because iOS doesn't suit me as someone who likes to put the latest custom ROMs on their phone etc. I wasn't willing to give up the in hand feel of apple products though, which is why I have a HTC One M8.
joshp

Only an Apple user would say that.

only someone who was a previous user of windows who then switched to OS X would say that[/quote]
Well I've used both for a considerable amount of time and always finds myself back with Windows (_;)[/quote]

ultimately it's going to come down to personal preference.

if you're a more 'logical' person, you'll probably prefer windows.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just don't like those who try and persuade other people based on opinion. The OP asked for preferably for Windows 7, therefore I would make the assumption that they require a Windows based OS.

Anyway rather than dragging this on, at the end of the day its an opinion and its good to have one. Just to be clear, I am not a fanboy of any product/company/organisation, I just have strong opinions and I should also say that I do love the designs of most Apple products!

Thanks but no thanks to the MacBook Air. The low internal memory at 64GB SSD isn't what I need.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants