Expired

Backpacks/Rucksacks - Suitable for travelling

Found 24th Aug 2007
I'm looking for a nice and cheap backpack/rucksack for a jaunt across the States, to NZ, OZ and South East Asia.

Can anyone recommend a good place to pick one up?

Decathlon seems reasonable and Tesco Direct has some crackers but they are mostly out of stock:-(

Thanks in advance.

1. Ask
  2. Backpack
5 Comments

Have you tried Argos? They have some on their website that are reasonably priced

Tesco Direct online have some Karrimor rucksacks, or try TK Maxx.

I bought a Karrimor Panther about 5 years ago and has lasted fine.
I got my girlfriend the women's one for Xmas in the Millets 20% off deal last November.
If you are student, member of a hiking club or the Youth Hostel Association, you can get 10% off as well in-store, you can also get 8% Quidco if you buy on-line. It is £69.50.

millets.co.uk/mil…ack

Make sure you try it on and it feels reasonably comfortable. It really does need to have an "adjustable back" - also, don't go for one that is simply the cheapest - I will never forget the expression on one of the guys who I went travelling in South America when the bag that he kept telling us he had a great deal on started to split apart!

There is a fellow Devonian who gives advice on all things travel equipment on here who I'm sure will pitch-in with some good ideas.

Banterlicious

I'm looking for a nice and cheap backpack/rucksack for a jaunt across the … I'm looking for a nice and cheap backpack/rucksack for a jaunt across the States, to NZ, OZ and South East Asia.Can anyone recommend a good place to pick one up?Decathlon seems reasonable and Tesco Direct has some crackers but they are mostly out of stock:-( Thanks in advance.

What size are you wanting?

go to jjb.
Post a comment
@
    Text